Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
In any window, we should only be signing players to improve the first team and buying promising young players to fill the back up positions. If this means we buy a new centre mid (Isco) who's an significant upgrade on Gomes, then Gomes is then in competition to nail down a starting position, or waiting in the wings to take an opportunity via injuries, suspensions, rotation, whatever other reason. If Gomes then was saying, he wants more first team football, okay, fair enough, let's find you a new club, recoup what we can, reinvest said money towards an upgrade on Isco or a very promising younger talent who can be pushing him in the next year or two for the same situation to arise again but with Isco being the player this time rather than Gomes. I don't want Everton to be signing people like Fabian Delph, specifically for "filling out the squad", I would much rather we give those minutes to 21 year old than someone like Sig or Delph because we only complain, when we see these players on the pitch.

Players we already have like Delph, Besic, Sig, Bolaise, just to name a few are more than happy to see out their contract but not actually playing. That's fine. It's our fault for offering them lengthy contracts but I don't feel like we should put any effort, into finding them loan deals. If they want to play competitive football, they can speak to their agent and do some work themselves, considering they've already taken thousands of pounds out of wage budget every single week, for doing nothing for us. Our terms are any deal away from the club on loan, has to include an obligation to buy at the end of the loan, with personal terms between club and player being agreed prior to said player going on loan.

I agree we should be building to having a very good 19/20 man squad with quality back up.
And then use the youngsters to bulk out the squad

In any window, we should only be signing players to improve the first team and buying promising young players to fill the back up positions. If this means we buy a new centre mid (Isco) who's an significant upgrade on Gomes, then Gomes is then in competition to nail down a starting position, or waiting in the wings to take an opportunity via injuries, suspensions, rotation, whatever other reason. If Gomes then was saying, he wants more first team football, okay, fair enough, let's find you a new club, recoup what we can, reinvest said money towards an upgrade on Isco or a very promising younger talent who can be pushing him in the next year or two for the same situation to arise again but with Isco being the player this time rather than Gomes. I don't want Everton to be signing people like Fabian Delph, specifically for "filling out the squad", I would much rather we give those minutes to 21 year old than someone like Sig or Delph because we only complain, when we see these players on the pitch.

Players we already have like Delph, Besic, Sig, Bolaise, just to name a few are more than happy to see out their contract but not actually playing. That's fine. It's our fault for offering them lengthy contracts but I don't feel like we should put any effort, into finding them loan deals. If they want to play competitive football, they can speak to their agent and do some work themselves, considering they've already taken thousands of pounds out of wage budget every single week, for doing nothing for us. Our terms are any deal away from the club on loan, has to include an obligation to buy at the end of the loan, with personal terms between club and player being agreed prior to said player going on loan.
I agree with this in an ideal world, but in the real world it's rarely that simple. As we've seen over the last couple of weeks, a couple of injuries/suspensions up top and we end up having to change the entire set up of the team because there's no squad depth. I think we're still very much at a point where decent squad options are worth buying, assuming we have the funds to do so. City and Liverpool are the two best sides in the country and they certainly aren't averse to buying players to beef up their squad, so i'm not sure why we wouldn't think to do the same.

Well we're linked with Villarreal's Samuel Chuckwuze who is real talented 21 year old. Real good. Has good balance, creative, pacey and it can take a few players on. Buyout clause about 80mil but apparently Villarreal would sell for about 40mil. Here's hoping. This kind of buy would go a long way to remedy what you're saying here.

It's going to be painful watching Brands refuse to work once again in January.
not so much painful as criminal, although it may come down to what garbage we can get shut of, which lets be honest will be more difficult than the summer, we wont be completely free to do what we want in the transfer window until we get rid of the absolute dross hanging around the actual matchday squad

Status
Not open for further replies.