Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20201026-221331.jpg

We could have had Matt Doherty for just north of 10m last transfer window. Had he been available on Sunday with James in front of him, I do think the chances of a clean sheet at least would have been high. Opportunity lost there. So much for a network.

We could have had Matt Doherty for just north of 10m last transfer window. Had he been available on Sunday with James in front of him, I do think the chances of a clean sheet at least would have been high. Opportunity lost there. So much for a network.
15mil apparently and he’s 29 soon, played as a wing back for the majority of the last few years. I’d hope we are in for someone younger and better

Deli Alli anyone?
No one wants to buy what we have left to sell. Honestly, Brands did well to find takers for what he did manage to fire sale.

We could probably recoup something on Iwobi, but there's no way our accountant owner will do that when it means realizing a loss with FFP resumption looming.

I'd expect Bernard to go in the summer for whatever we can get. The math on him, even as a squad player, was solid.

There was a possibility of Besic and that one Warnock was interested but the player messed it up. Also if we had, had any sense could have got Tosun back to Turkey. So there are still some chances.

Deli Alli anyone?

There was a possibility of Besic and that one Warnock was interested but the player messed it up. Also if we had, had any sense could have got Tosun back to Turkey. So there are still some chances.

Tosun has to agree to go though so it's all easily said, he said in early summer he isnt going to leave this summer because he's injured.

I feel this highlights how it's not always as easy as us fans like to think. I mean, this is city and Pep is literally saying they couldn't afford the right quality...

Pep Guardiola insists Manchester City considered signing a striker in the summer transfer window but could not find the right deal. (Manchester Evening News)

Maybe Ancelotti doesn’t? And he seems to have a big say. We definitely need another top class wide/attacker. Because if we lose any of the top 3 we are going to struggle

We've already lost one and are already struggling.

We need real quality in there as a fourth option. It lets us mix things up too, with whatever system we play.

Iwobi and Bernard simply aren't good/threatening enough and Gordon's a kid.

Then we've actually got nobody else who can play central.

It was so daft not getting anyone in.

As many said, it will all depend on how we are doing in league up to January :) I know every transfer period, us as fans, do our we want to buy 5 players to help squad, but we are also working in financial fair play issues too, even if supposedly scrapped at moment :-(

Maybe if other factors could help us shift out lads we tried to bin off before? Say if Iceland and Bsnia qualify for Euros, would Glyffi and Besic be happy to risk losing their spots if not playing for us? We already saw Glyffi, Besic, Bolasie and Bernard refused deals at end of summer window :-(
We might see a few under age or loans in but doubt anything else unless we sell the other squad deadweights

Status
Not open for further replies.