Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question about our new guys - does the addition of DVDB, Alli, El Ghazi change set piece takers at all?
El Ghazi is unlikely to be on the pitch but he's got a great penalty record, and VDB also has taken before? Do any of them have any decent record from free kicks?

Quick question about our new guys - does the addition of DVDB, Alli, El Ghazi change set piece takers at all?
El Ghazi is unlikely to be on the pitch but he's got a great penalty record, and VDB also has taken before? Do any of them have any decent record from free kicks?
Since Digne left it seems Gordon or Townsend have been our go to set piece players. If neither are on the pitch I can see Gray being the only option for corners really unless Myk or Patterson can take them. DCL and Richy will always fancy a go with a free kick. I can't see Dele featuring with set pieces - but VbB looks like he has the talent to strike a decent ball.

I heard a similar story about Mitch Ward when he signed for us from Sheffield United. He was on £12k a week and had a chat with his agent, and they decided to try and hold out for £20k a week, and our opening offer was £40k!

I believe your similar story is completely untrue

Steve Walsh, Brands or Moshiri were nowhere near the club at that time!

Status
Not open for further replies.