Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the problem though isn't it. People are cherry picking signings based upon who they want to believe made them.

That's why we have 'Brands was a fraud' and 'if he had any dignity he would resign'.

So, as I said, if he was "in charge of signings" then all the signings are his until he left.

It's a symptom of having no clear structure within the club and communication with fans about who does what.
100%

A DoF model is always likely to cause tension with the manager.

It is the manager who is more directly in the firing line tor poor performance, so they always want more control.

This windows looking a cracker isn’t it…

The Ukrainian
Patterson
El Ghazi
Longstaff
Ross B

Outstanding!

I don’t think we’ll go for Longstaff or Barkley, but even if we did, give me players who want to be here and will follow the managers instructions over ones that don’t.

I just don’t understand the loyalty to the current squad. They’ve disappointed us so many times and seen multiple managers fired. Why are we so adverse to moving them out and bringing in different players?

My personal feeling is that a DoF model can work if you give that person strategic control to identify targets and shape transfer strategy.

If not a DoF, then it needs to be the remit of the manager.

Manager(s), DoF, owner seemingly all chipping in with different signings is not a sensible model.
Yeh, the complete opposite of mosh as DOF. I just cannot see even him being that daft

I don’t think we’ll go for Longstaff or Barkley, but even if we did, give me players who want to be here and will follow the managers instructions over ones that don’t.

I just don’t understand the loyalty to the current squad. They’ve disappointed us so many times and seen multiple managers fired. Why are we so adverse to moving them out and bringing in different players?

Yeah we need players that desperately want to play for Everton. Like Barkley..

Villa supporter in work said El Ghazi is a purple patch player. Anonymous when playing most of the time, worst dribbler on the planet. Not the worst winger in the league but bottom 5 level at best. Scores a few goals from open play and can take a pen.

anyone find it strange that both everton and villa were the 2 clubs most at risk of breaching FFP rules and yet we have both spent the most money in january so far

i know we will recoup most of our money from selling digne but still somthing doesnt smell right especially villa paying high wages for both countinho and digne and transfer fees in excess of 30 mil if u include the loan fee

Surely if we were interested in Longstaff then we'd have already made a move.

Can't see there being a long queue for his services; or much resistance to his sale from Newcastle; so if it was going to happen, it would have already.

Status
Not open for further replies.