Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistic outs this January are loans unfortunately because we don't have any real sellable options who wouldn't weaken us.

Branthwaite, Simms and Tosun will have options and if he signs a new deal, Dobbin could also find plenty of clubs looking at him too.

IF we find buyers for any of our players the most likely outs would surely be:

Holgate:
4th choice centre back
Contracted until 2025
Value £10m-£15m

Kenny:
3rd choice right back
6 months left on contract
Value £2-5m

Davies:
4th choice centre midfielder
Contracted until 2023
Value £7m-£10m

I read today that Lingard could be a free transfer or nominal fee as he is out of contract in the summer... I`d take him TBF on a 2 year deal with the option of a 3rd.
After shifting Bernard and James off huge wages, I very much doubt we will want to keep adding to our huge wages bill.

Lingard is far superior compared to Iwobi and Townsend but at 28 years old, he will be looking for his last big contract.

After shifting Bernard and James off huge wages, I very much doubt we will want to keep adding to our huge wages bill.

Lingard is far superior compared to Iwobi and Townsend but at 28 years old, he will be looking for his last big contract.
What does Lingard earn? I dont know but reports I see online range from 80k to 100k, that is up to 1 x Icelandic footballer!

A replacement with no transfer fee or outlay and an upgrade.

If he can replicate the form at WHU, which I`m sure he would playing with the likes of Richy, DCL and Doucs etc, then I think it would be easily the best bit of business we do in this window.

If its a pre-contract agreement in Jan and we get him on a 3 year deal in the summer taking him from 29-32 i dont think its 'that' bad.

If we sell Richarlison in the summer and Sigurdsson + Tosun (along with Rondon) move on then we would have:

LW: Gray / Gordon
SS: Lingard/ Dobbin
RW: Townsend / ???
CF: DCL / Simms

Probably £80mil + £320/350k in wages banked.

If we have that to reinvest in the front four then options start to open up.

Cant sign anyone in the same country as you on a pre contract unfortunately

What does Lingard earn? I dont know but reports I see online range from 80k to 100k, that is up to 1 x Icelandic footballer!

A replacement with no transfer fee or outlay and an upgrade.

If he can replicate the form at WHU, which I`m sure he would playing with the likes of Richy, DCL and Doucs etc, then I think it would be easily the best bit of business we do in this window.
He’s 28, he’s had about 3 occasions in his entire career that he’s had a small bit of form. The last being at West Ham

Signings like this are the reason we are in this mess, massive wages for nothing players who have no value. Are happy to pick up a fat wedge and coast to nothingness.

Realistic outs this January are loans unfortunately because we don't have any real sellable options who wouldn't weaken us.

Branthwaite, Simms and Tosun will have options and if he signs a new deal, Dobbin could also find plenty of clubs looking at him too.

IF we find buyers for any of our players the most likely outs would surely be:

Holgate:
4th choice centre back
Contracted until 2025
Value £10m-£15m

Kenny:
3rd choice right back
6 months left on contract
Value £2-5m

Davies:
4th choice centre midfielder
Contracted until 2023
Value £7m-£10m
No ones buying Kenny mate.

He’s 28, he’s had about 3 occasions in his entire career that he’s had a small bit of form. The last being at West Ham

Signings like this are the reason we are in this mess, massive wages for nothing players who have no value. Are happy to pick up a fat wedge and coast to nothingness.
With no money to spend I think this and loans are the way we are going, what could we get for the same money for the same quality? The alternative is trotting out Iwobi, Davies, Rondon or Tosun.

I know which I`d prefer....

With no money to spend I think this and loans are the way we are going, what could we get for the same money for the same quality? The alternative is trotting out Iwobi, Davies, Rondon or Tosun.

I know which I`d prefer....
No, the alternative is to utilise our scouting networks and look around Europe and the world.

Not to purchase some crap washed up PL player ( see Walcott, Gylfi, Rooney, Williams, Bolasie etc etc etc) because he had a good 4 month spell last year

No, the alternative is to utilise our scouting networks and look around Europe and the world.

Not to purchase some crap washed up PL player ( see Walcott, Gylfi, Rooney, Williams, Bolasie etc etc etc) because he had a good 4 month spell last year

1st mistake, scouting network?!? That doesn`t exist at Everton...

Even buying younger players is a risk - see Besic, Vlasic, Lookman, Nkounkou, Kean, Klaassen, Onyekuru, Sando, Galloway, McCarthy, Vellios...... Can I add Holgate, Gomes, Gbamin, Tosun and Iwobi to that list?

No idea what your point is, the transfer dealings have not been good full stop. WE CAN`T SPEND ANY MONEY..... who are you suggesting we get (Realistically) that will come in and help us on the pitch immediately?

Is Lingard on a short term 2.5 year deal till he is 31 that bad on £80k p/w??? Most of the deadwood we have is on more than that!!! Rondon on a 2 year deal, was this was a good deal.

We need to be bringing players coming in on Free`s, no promising youngster is being sold by their club for nothing no matter how obscure they are. AND if they do it will be years before they are ready for the PL.

1st mistake, scouting network?!? That doesn`t exist at Everton...

Even buying younger players is a risk - see Besic, Vlasic, Lookman, Nkounkou, Kean, Klaassen, Onyekuru, Sando, Galloway, McCarthy, Vellios...... Can I add Holgate, Gomes, Gbamin, Tosun and Iwobi to that list?

No idea what your point is, the transfer dealings have not been good full stop. WE CAN`T SPEND ANY MONEY..... who are you suggesting we get (Realistically) that will come in and help us on the pitch immediately?

Is Lingard on a short term 2.5 year deal till he is 31 that bad on £80k p/w??? Most of the deadwood we have is on more than that!!! Rondon on a 2 year deal, was this was a good deal.

We need to be bringing players coming in on Free`s, no promising youngster is being sold by their club for nothing no matter how obscure they are. AND if they do it will be years before they are ready for the PL.
1) It does
2) Lingard is crap
3) the end

1) the same scouting network that gave us all you and I have mentioned
2) he isn`t our saviour but the best we can get with no money
3) Agree to disagree

Good debate and didn`t result in name calling, some others could take note....
You do realises the reason our scouting network is basically null and void is because we have an Owner, Chairman, DoF and (4 managers) who all want different things.

There’s no plan or pathway for any player. Look at City (for example) and what they do. They’ll buy a player, and the first 6 months is literally embedding him into the squad and their surroundings, let them get use to the culture, the pace of the game and what’s required tactically. Very rarely will they purchase a foreign player (especially since Pep and the DoF from Barca came in) and they start every game immediately.

Then look at us; we go out, and one of the many people who have their fingers in the pie, authorise a signing. He gets thrown in straight away and struggles.

Like I’ve said on multiple occasions, if you want a DoF model then let him run the footballing side of things and if it doesn’t work out the he solely accountable for the failings.

In our situation, I have no idea who to blame (with the exception of Moshiri)

You do realises the reason our scouting network is basically null and void is because we have an Owner, Chairman, DoF and (4 managers) who all want different things.

There’s no plan or pathway for any player. Look at City (for example) and what they do. They’ll buy a player, and the first 6 months is literally embedding him into the squad and their surroundings, let them get use to the culture, the pace of the game and what’s required tactically. Very rarely will they purchase a foreign player (especially since Pep and the DoF from Barca came in) and they start every game immediately.

Then look at us; we go out, and one of the many people who have their fingers in the pie, authorise a signing. He gets thrown in straight away and struggles.

Like I’ve said on multiple occasions, if you want a DoF model then let him run the footballing side of things and if it doesn’t work out the he solely accountable for the failings.

In our situation, I have no idea who to blame (with the exception of Moshiri)

I`m not disagreeing on the state of our club with the interference of the Owner and Chairman. Obviously we do have a scouting department, that was a sarcastic comment by myself, but I don`t think they aren`t allowed to do their job OR they are being told to look at ready made 1st team players.

I think it is obvious if you go back over the last 5 years which signings are down to managers, owner and DoF/Scouting department. BUT we will never know this, it would be good to know who bought what players, we have no idea what Brands Everton record is like. It could be really good but players that owners or managers wanted that he was ordered to sign makes it look like he has done a really poor job. Does that make sense?

It would seem that the interference from above stopped with CA and now RB in charge, I`m not sure either would welcome that and would be strong enough to put his foot down whereas Silva probably wasn`t.

I agree if a DoF isnt`t allowed to do his job then what is the point... it`s a tough job now that there is no money to spend so we need to be prudent like in the Moyes days which we did have players in their latter years who helped the team in to Europe, I`m thinking of Louis Saha immediately. The only trouble is the amount of deadwood is hindering us still till at least the summer when yet more contracts end.

You mention City, and that is the end game to be where they are but they can afford to buy a player for £50m and embed him in to the side as they have an abundance of players. If we sign a player that might improve us he has to go in because the level is so poor and the amount of injuries we seem to have.

The trouble is I don`t trust our club to turn this around, especially when 3 of our 5 summer signings are Rondon, Begovic and Lonergan.

So I`m not disagreeing with a lot, just that given we have no money to spend and it was a choice of Lingard or go with what we`ve got I would take the choice to sign him..... I think when given a run of games he has something different to offer and would be our best No.10.

Status
Not open for further replies.