Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club really needs to step it up in the next few days if we want to remain a Premier League club. In years gone by, we’ve brought in players that have added some quality and just about got us over the line, Limpar in 1994, Mikel Madar and Don Hutchison in 1998.

Really, a club like Everton should be able to buy themselves out of trouble in a situation like this, but if we follow the models of Randy Lerner and Ellis Short at Villa and Sunderland, where they simply stopped engaging in transfers and hoped for the best, then we will end up experiencing the same outcome as they did.

Sod FFP if necessary! Let the Prem make the first and only FFP punishment if needs be, they won’t dock us points imo, FFP is on its way out, it’s a load of BS anyway! City have just won a court battle!

Could we just cancel El Ghazis loan? I'm assuming there would be penalties etc but if it frees up the spots for Sarr and RLC on loan it must be worth it?

The club really needs to step it up in the next few days if we want to remain a Premier League club. In years gone by, we’ve brought in players that have added some quality and just about got us over the line, Limpar in 1994, Mikel Madar and Don Hutchison in 1998.

Really, a club like Everton should be able to buy themselves out of trouble in a situation like this, but if we follow the models of Randy Lerner and Ellis Short at Villa and Sunderland, where they simply stopped engaging in transfers and hoped for the best, then we will end up experiencing the same outcome as they did.

Sod FFP if necessary! Let the Prem make the first and only FFP punishment if needs be, they won’t dock us points imo, FFP is on its way out, it’s a load of BS anyway! City have just won a court battle!
Spot on mate. Who is out lining players up though? No director of football, no manager etc. I just hope Frank has already tapped up 2 or 3 players for when he gets the nod.

Michael Keane's £3m Cheshire mega mansion ought to be finished soon. I imagine he's feeling nicely settled at Everton and will have no intentions of leaving any time before his whopping contract is up. I think he's guaranteed to earn another approximately £12m over the duration of his contract. It's good work if you can get it, isn't it? You could pluck almost any centre back from the lower leagues and replace Keane with him, and he'd very likely do a much, much better job and command about 10-20% of his wage.

That's very unfortunate, as I'd like any new manager to come in and tell him, Iwobi, Holgate, Gomes and Rondon that they're not needed and won't get any more playing time under him.

Michael Keane's £3m Cheshire mega mansion ought to be finished soon. I imagine he's feeling nicely settled at Everton and will have no intentions of leaving any time before his whopping contract is up. I think he's guaranteed to earn another approximately £12m over the duration of his contract. It's good work if you can get it, isn't it? You could pluck almost any centre back from the lower leagues and replace Keane with him, and he'd very likely do a much, much better job and command about 10-20% of his wage.

That's very unfortunate, as I'd like any new manager to come in and tell him, Iwobi, Holgate, Gomes and Rondon that they're not needed and won't get any more playing time under him.

Branthwaite is going to be far superior to Keane...its a must sell for Keane, Mina and Holgate in the summer.

Of those only Gallagher is any good

Well, Gilmour was class under Lampard...could be that he comes in for a 'fair' fee through a loan to buy.

Gallagher looks class of course...Rice, while tongue in cheek...you never know with Lampard being in love with him.

Branthwaite is going to be far superior to Keane...its a must sell for Keane, Mina and Holgate in the summer.

Well, Gilmour was class under Lampard...could be that he comes in for a 'fair' fee through a loan to buy.

Gallagher looks class of course...Rice, while tongue in cheek...you never know with Lampard being in love with him.
You can only sell if you have a buyer.

Who will pay Keane's wages? His contract runs 3 more years. He's well and truly settled in the North West and no football player takes a significant pay cut these days. No chance Keane will go anywhere. He's here until 2025 and then he'll be released.

Mina I am confident we'll be able to offload.

Holgate rumoured to be on around 40k a week (unbelievable). Until 2025(!). You couldn't make it up. He's a household name though and I think he could be offloaded if he was told he's surplus to requirements.

i try not to get my hopes up we see 2-3 new players by deadline day.
I am hopeful on an attacking midfielder as there are plenty around still available on loan like Lingard, Delli Ali, Barkley, vd Beek. Lampard rates Alli big time, otherwise probably Barkley as last minute resort.

Otherwise we can not do any more loans in the PL and cant see us spend big on any transfers now.
My guess: Delli Ali and a failed bid for Loftus Cheek as Chelsea dont want to sell. No defender

Seriously?

I think Rice, Gilmour and Gallagher would be a superb midfield.

Doubt I'll see any of them in an Everton shirt though.
We might be able to tempt Anneka Rice, but definitely not Declan.

Actually, she was pretty tasty back in her day, wasn't she?!

MV5BYzE3NWRmMGUtNGYyZi00Y2JmLTg2ZmUtYTlkNjEyMzIyMmJlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQzMjAyNg@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

You can only sell if you have a buyer.

Who will pay Keane's wages? His contract runs 3 more years. He's well and truly settled in the North West and no football player takes a significant pay cut these days. No chance Keane will go anywhere. He's here until 2025 and then he'll be released.

Mina I am confident we'll be able to offload.

Holgate rumoured to be on around 40k a week (unbelievable). Until 2025(!). You couldn't make it up. He's a household name though and I think he could be offloaded if he was told he's surplus to requirements.

We can always continue to pay a % of his wages or provide a lower transfer fee.

£40k for Holgate (if true) is nothing in the premier league.

Seriously?

I think Rice, Gilmour and Gallagher would be a superb midfield.

Doubt I'll see any of them in an Everton shirt though.

That would be exceptional. I only dropped Rice in for a laugh but with sales and Lampard being here...never know i suppose.

Gilmour having a poor season at Norwich but under Lampard id expect a different player.

We might be able to tempt Anneka Rice, but definitely not Declan.

Actually, she was pretty tasty back in her day, wasn't she?!

MV5BYzE3NWRmMGUtNGYyZi00Y2JmLTg2ZmUtYTlkNjEyMzIyMmJlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQzMjAyNg@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

A prawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.