Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth did that bellend (Moshiri) waste a loan spot on El Ghazi.
320.jpg

And scarily none of those has the mobility required. Allan can play as a six then we are struggling unless it's a gamble like Onyango or Gbamin in absolutely massive games, relegation six pointers!
At least if we play 3 in the middle it gives us a chance of competing in there. With just the 2 there's no chance. As for Gbamin, I still don't think we've seen enough of him to know what he is capable of. He has the build to be the mobile player we need. I think the one positive with him is that he seems to have stopped breaking down every time he puts on a pair of boots. But he's been out for such a long time I don;t know when we'll see him back to full effect, if ever. But at least he has a fighting chance now.

I'm clutching at straws here trying to find something positive to say aren't I. :blush:

At least if we play 3 in the middle it gives us a chance of competing in there. With just the 2 there's no chance. As for Gbamin, I still don't think we've seen enough of him to know what he is capable of. He has the build to be the mobile player we need. I think the one positive with him is that he seems to have stopped breaking down every time he puts on a pair of boots. But he's been out for such a long time I don;t know when we'll see him back to full effect, if ever. But at least he has a fighting chance now.

I'm clutching at straws here trying to find something positive to say aren't I. :blush:
It baffles me why Gbamin hasn't been given more minutes he clearly isn't trusted to maintain a level. We are desperate for a midfielder. Agree three in there would help especially if one is Onyango he would have two more experienced players alongside him.

We honestly need 3 Midfielders gbamin is such a liability hes played like twice all season and he's not known for his durability. Gomes is just Gomes which by saying his name at this point you know he's a liability from all the rants about his awfulness that start with his name on here

It baffles me why Gbamin hasn't been given more minutes he clearly isn't trusted to maintain a level. We are desperate for a midfielder. Agree three in there would help especially if one is Onyango he would have two more experienced players alongside him.
I believe Gbamin would have gone out on loan for the rest of the season if it were not for the injuries to Davies and Delph (and now Doucs). But yeah, he just hasn't played the minutes for me which he needs to do to get him back up to speed.

I don't know the validity but apparently he rejected the opportunity to accrue time and build up fitness for the U-23s which if true is asinine on his part.

By the sounds of it lampard has a 3rd interview booked in for today.

My guess it will be about players he wants to bring in and what players if any have had offers to go out.

After that talk I would guess he will be given the job on an 18 month contract

We honestly need 3 Midfielders gbamin is such a liability hes played like twice all season and he's not known for his durability. Gomes is just Gomes which by saying his name at this point you know he's a liability from all the rants about his awfulness that start with his name on here

I do think Onyango should be given more of a go, he hasn’t looked bad even in the chaos of our midfield when he’s come on.

Playing him a 2 like we did at the weekend is pointless, If we play him from the start it has to be in a 3.

Personally, I believe he has been extremely effective this season when introduced from the bench. He's been a real asset at times and we've been a far better team with him on the pitch than before he was introduced. I'm not sure if that is because he get's more space and time as the opposition tires, Also, by playing him in 30 minute cameos it may stop him getting the niggling injuries.

Without question we need to sign a centre midfielder or 2 before the end of the window. Whether it be on loan or permanent we need numbers in that position particularly with doucoure out again. Maybe van der beek and ndombele on loan could be the answer. I don't particularly rate either but both can be good on their day and can't be worse than what we have already

Status
Not open for further replies.