Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t the profit and sustainability performance based on a rolling 3 year period? We may well have made a loss last year, but if that loss is significantly less of a loss than the current “year 1” of the rolling three year period, the situation actually improves.

Obviously an ACTUAL profit would be nice but that’s only realistic this year because of the minimal player spend. We all know we’ve been varying levels of profligate over the last few years so losses were inevitable.

If we take 2021 summer as year 1 then we should be 100% clear by 2024 when the stadium is built.

Hopefully not looking at Shamrock Rovers goalkeepers when we have more pressing matters.

Too late my condescending friend.

City signed him....read the post

Google him for Ireland against Portugal and Serbia. Nice pen save against Ronaldo

I think we may have signed a half decent defender from Sligo who has given excellent service.

Careful @chippy1722 this poster wont hesitate to accuse you of 'hating' the Irish if you dare to post anything but unadulterated 'kopite like cult following' praise towards them.

Disappointing to see.

Theres a joke here somewhere lol

Surprised Andre Gomes is 28...thought he was 26 :eek:

Time flies...hopefully we sell him in Jan
Not at $120k per week, only way to move him on is a nominal fee to compensate for the wage

And we then have a further issue with profit and sustainability, same reason why Iwobi isn't going anywhere accept on loan

The loss being quoted is about £140m.

That is massive.
Yeah but there isn't much you can do when you are losing the best part of 50M on Sigurdsson, Tosun and Bolasie. Then the best part of 60-70M will be COVID and stadium... Then when you look at the position we are in today you realise that without weakening anything the financial situation is much much brighter.

Yeah but there isn't much you can do when you are losing the best part of 50M on Sigurdsson, Tosun and Bolasie. Then the best part of 60-70M will be COVID and stadium... Then when you look at the position we are in today you realise that without weakening anything the financial situation is much much brighter.
No nothing, but it shows that we have to start selling players again or the model breaks down. Our revenue isn’t big enough to be an end destination club for expensive players.

No nothing, but it shows that we have to start selling players again or the model breaks down. Our revenue isn’t big enough to be an end destination club for expensive players.
No, you're right. We can build as per Leicester's model though, younger players and develop them, and gradually build that way. And when we get closer to the top we should have the infrastructure, support base and owner to really have a go at the top positions, but there is no way we can buy ourselves out of midtable now.

No, you're right. We can build as per Leicester's model though, younger players and develop them, and gradually build that way. And when we get closer to the top we should have the infrastructure, support base and owner to really have a go at the top positions, but there is no way we can buy ourselves out of midtable now.
My worry is that that is exactly what we will try to do, buy ageing, declining players available for relatively low prices but demanding high wages, in a desperate attempt to jump start our season.

I think Begovic and Rondon were signed as squad fillers.
Cost nothing and will not be on huge wages.

Lonergan can barely be counted as a signing at all.

The real next test of RB comes next month.
Has there been any talk about what Rondon is on here? I saw some stuff saying he was earning about 200 grand a week in China so I'm guessing his wages are quite substantial especially with no fee involved.

Has there been any talk about what Rondon is on here? I saw some stuff saying he was earning about 200 grand a week in China so I'm guessing his wages are quite substantial especially with no fee involved.
43,000 according to salary .com

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211221-121327_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20211221-121327_Messenger.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 73

Status
Not open for further replies.