Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greenwood is their next striker. He's being accommodated on the right wing while he learns from Cavani and Ronaldo for the next season or two.
Rashford was their next striker until Greenwood came along.
Cananvi will leave soon due to match time and the wage bill since they brought Ronaldo in.
I know how talented Greenwood is, but he’s been on the wing for 2 yrs and likely to be there for another season or two. Rashford is one of the most overrated players in the league

A loan would not be the worst idea for a player who is motivated to prove himself. Seems to have more about him than Klassen but I would sign another right back before we look at a midfielder but no doubt Brands will yet again fail at replacing Coleman for another transfer window
I think they will or should be looking at 4/5 positions. Not just going in order of need

I know how talented Greenwood is, but he’s been on the wing for 2 yrs and likely to be there for another season or two. Rashford is one of the most overrated players in the league
Rashford probably needs a fit Sancho for competition, but 93 goals and 55 assists in 285 appearances isn't terrible for someone being played out on the left and as a sub a lot of those times.

Rashford probably needs a fit Sancho for competition, but 93 goals and 55 assists in 285 appearances isn't terrible for someone being played out on the left and as a sub a lot of those times.
A lot of them goals are penalties and against farmers in the europa league. Last 3 seasons taking away penalties, Richarlison has out scored him in the prem

Luis Diaz for €50m

Rather Maitland-Niles to Van der Beek. Need Allan/Doucoure cover. I can't see VDB fitting into either of those roles. I also don't think he is dynamic enough as an attacking player.

Last edited:
Luis Diaz for €50m

If Gordon keeps progressing we won't need him.

…VDB has looked very ordinary for United but all the indications are that our summer interest was real. Knowing transfers won’t happen without the green light from Benitez suggests he wanted him here. Time will tell if we remain keen;

MUFC fans I know are unhappy that VDB hasn't really been given a chance by OGS and are frustrated that players like Fred and McTominay continue to get game time ahead of him.

OGS wants to see VDB improve but I question whether he has the experience to get him to whatever level he expects.

Benitez is a much more experienced manager, and according to some of the Everton players, very direct in what he wants players to do on the pitch. I think he would get the best out of him, based on how he seems to be getting the best out of our team at the moment, including players like Gray and Townsend who were deemed not good enough for their former clubs.

MUFC fans I know are unhappy that VDB hasn't really been given a chance by OGS and are frustrated that players like Fred and McTominay continue to get game time ahead of him.

OGS wants to see VDB improve but I question whether he has the experience to get him to whatever level he expects.

Benitez is a much more experienced manager, and according to some of the Everton players, very direct in what he wants players to do on the pitch. I think he would get the best out of him, based on how he seems to be getting the best out of our team at the moment, including players like Gray and Townsend who were deemed not good enough for their former clubs.
What I have seen of VDB at Man U I would not want him but you make a fair point

Status
Not open for further replies.