Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah could see him fitting in at Utd but they have a ton of forwards. Don’t see an obvious move for him at the minute.
No neither do I. He is not suited to City, Chelsea have just signed, he isn’t moving across the park and I doubt Spurs or Arsenal would stump up enough for him.

l think he is wit( us for a while!

Talk is we have made an offer of loan to buy for VDB in January, 25 mil will be the fee to buy, Utd want rid.
I haven’t seen enough of him to be honest, but can he play in a midfield 2 and what I’ve seen and read he’s not a holding player.

So he’s either a number 10 or we play him amd Doucoure as 2 box to box midfielders either side off Allan

VDB would play in the middle pushing up just behind DCL, which probably means he's sort of Richarlison's replacement fr when he goes next summer.

…VDB has looked very ordinary for United but all the indications are that our summer interest was real. Knowing transfers won’t happen without the green light from Benitez suggests he wanted him here. Time will tell if we remain keen;

I haven’t seen enough of him to be honest, but can he play in a midfield 2 and what I’ve seen and read he’s not a holding player.

So he’s either a number 10 or we play him amd Doucoure as 2 box to box midfielders either side off Allan
By trade he is more of a box to box player, Mancs have never really played him in that role though.

By trade he is more of a box to box player, Mancs have never really played him in that role though.

He's not; he's a Klaassen. CAM/CF.

The reason he's looked so crap at United is because they've played him in the 2 of a 4-2-3-1.

Not saying he's any good, haven't got a clue, but there's only one position he CAN and should play in. Problem is as soon as we switch formation he's completely useless.

Probably find that Bigtitez is wanting VDB and Longstaff in as cover for Doucoure and Allan respectively and he saw from last season and this that there isn't anyone already in the squad that is up to the job.
Carlo saw this as a weakness in the squad hence getting Doucoure and Allan in when we were all screaming for a right back, central defender and back up striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.