Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say we'd go down. I said we could be in a relegation battle. If you can lose 5-2 at home to Watford, you have no floor to rely on. We are in freefall and we need better players. We HAVE to strengthen in January and given the low standard of our players, that should not be too difficult.
If we have nothing to play for then signing players for the sake of it would be daft. There are very rarely good players available in January.

The last thing we can do is allow Benitez to bring in more of his own players because its naive in the extreme to think he will survive a period. Rondon should be a lesson to not allow this manager free reign. What a waste of a limited budget.

If we have nothing to play for then signing players for the sake of it would be daft. There are very rarely good players available in January.

The last thing we can do is allow Benitez to bring in more of his own players because its naive in the extreme to think he will survive a period. Rondon should be a lesson to not allow this manager free reign. What a waste of a limited budget.
We ALWAYS have something to play for: to improve Everton Football Club for the coming season, if nothing else.

As for Benitez, he has brought in Gray, Townsend, and Rondon for a pittance. So far, and it's early days, that's two huge successes and one huge flop. That's a very respectable return indeed. Besides, decrying what Benitez would do with money after years of Marcel Brands makes zero sense.

We ALWAYS have something to play for: to improve Everton Football Club for the coming season, if nothing else.

As for Benitez, he has brought in Gray, Townsend, and Rondon for a pittance. So far, and it's early days, that's two huge successes and one huge flop. That's a very respectable return indeed. Besides, decrying what Benitez would do with money after years of Marcel Brands makes zero sense.

I'd rather not waste money in January under any manager. We need an enormous overhaul next summer so I'd rather no add any more possible deadwood.

The signing of Rondon is one of the worst I've seen. He can't blame Brands or the board, this is his man and he is refusing to even sub him. It's unacceptable incompetence.

I'd rather not waste money in January under any manager. We need an enormous overhaul next summer so I'd rather no add any more possible deadwood.

The signing of Rondon is one of the worst I've seen. He can't blame Brands or the board, this is his man and he is refusing to even sub him. It's unacceptable incompetence.
We've needed an enormous overhaul for years and people like Brands have always found an excuse not to invest in January. As I said, by any reasonable analysis, Gray and Townsend more than mitigate the Rondon signing.

We've needed an enormous overhaul for years and people like Brands have always found an excuse not to invest in January. As I said, by any reasonable analysis, Gray and Townsend more than mitigate the Rondon signing.

It doesn't work like that. 2 good doesn't outweigh one shocker, especially when that shocker is entirely the manager's man.

What a waste of a limited budget bringing in a guy on a free when there were no other options available.

What a waste of a limited budget bringing in a guy on a free when there were no other options available.

Bringing in an unfit player who can barely move is absolutely a waste of a limited budget. You think he's playing for free?

It's scandalous that we offered a player offering absolutely nothing a 2 year deal. The manager should be embarassed.

I think loans in January will be the way forward for us in our current plight. Whether players such as lingard/mainland niles will be available and want to join us is another matter.

All 3 were Rafas guys. Gray and Townsend have been phenomenal. Rondon has struggled so far, but he was brought in to be a late sub, not to be a starter every week.

Every player brought in should be brought in with a view to starting some games. That excuse is a total cop out, and I won't be pandering to the nonsense defence of an appalling piece of recruitment.

If he's not going to play Gbamin we need another midfielder of physicality

Whats the point of signing players in January. Our season will already be over by then anyway.

In January we should be hitting the market hard for pre-contract agreements.

Theres a number of attainable players there we should be after that would massively improve several positions in our team...right back, centre back, centre mid.

We should be focused on that in Jan and signing players like Branthwaite who are young and cheap to develop.

In January we should be hitting the market hard for pre-contract agreements.

Theres a number of attainable players there we should be after that would massively improve several positions in our team...right back, centre back, centre mid.

We should be focused on that in Jan and signing players like Branthwaite who are young and cheap to develop.
Kamara or Zakaria would be a good signing

Status
Not open for further replies.