Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never listen to Zat about RB's that Emerson is another he wanted us to throw £30 million on based on nothing but their age!

£60 million for those pair of duffers lol

Well, not quite. If you watched the last 2 seasons in La Liga you'd think Emerson was the best right back there.

Aarons I think is going to be top quality. Lots of players have suffered in weak teams then come back after a transfer and become stars.

Well, not quite. If you watched the last 2 seasons in La Liga you'd think Emerson was the best right back there.

Aarons I think is going to be top quality. Lots of players have suffered in weak teams then come back after a transfer and become stars.
Yeah maybe, Robertson i suppose for one, but then he seems to have been a bit freakish in his development.
Celtic dumped him, went to Queens Park, then Dundee utd, then Hull.. all teams who struggled before coming to RS and looking a world beater.
Just dont see any of the same qualities in Aarons.
Imo 1 assist in 45 PL games for a supposed attack minded full back doesnt justify a price tag like you've mentioned before.

Think arrons has alot to work on to be top quality been more impressed with the lad southampton got from chelsea. Crazy how many new players we need

Yeah maybe, Robertson i suppose for one, but then he seems to have been a bit freakish in his development.
Celtic dumped him, went to Queens Park, then Dundee utd, then Hull.. all teams who struggled before coming to RS and looking a world beater.
Just dont see any of the same qualities in Aarons.
Imo 1 assist in 45 PL games for a supposed attack minded full back doesnt justify a price tag like you've mentioned before.

Think arrons has alot to work on to be top quality been more impressed with the lad southampton got from chelsea. Crazy how many new players we need

The right backs I've been taking notice off are all attack minded. It seemed the logical thing to do would be to have two attacking full backs with pace if were going to be counter attacking and also going with a defensive type setup in midfield.

Those players would be:
Mazraoui (Ajax out of contract in summer)
Patterson / Ramsey from Scotland

Then also players like Aarons, Dodo, Singo etc

All of them young with the right physical attributes to develop.

However, seeing the current setup it would be pointless to sign an attacking full back. Most games were asking Digne and Coleman to stay back and stop crosses and runners into the box. Yes they still get forwards but were playing so deep its inhibiting them.

If were going to keep doing this then I'd go for a Benjamin Pavard type. Someone that I thought Militao could be, a centre back who would be 'defence first' at full back but also able to get forward on occasion.

Matthias Ginter is out of contract next summer. He can play right back and centre back, 27 years old and 44 caps for Germany.

Buy an entire new squad, don’t care who or how cheap as can’t be worse than what we have now. The current squad can be used as infill at BMD. Job done ;)

If he's not going to play Gbamin we need another midfielder of physicality

Crying out for another midfielder at 2-1 with 15 minutes to go. He's got him on the bench as a token gesture and nothing more otherwise he'd have put him on as we made them look like prime Barcelona.

What an embarrassing shambles of a so called master tactician he is.

He'll set us up next week to not get beat after yesterday. Exactly the same way he set up Newcastle and just trying to contain the opposition.

I know, let’s spunk loads more dough on over paid Pre Madonna’s in January and quite quickly find ourselves back to square one again.

This club is bereft.

We will be in midtable irrelevance

Ludicrous to think we will go down.
I didn't say we'd go down. I said we could be in a relegation battle. If you can lose 5-2 at home to Watford, you have no floor to rely on. We are in freefall and we need better players. We HAVE to strengthen in January and given the low standard of our players, that should not be too difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.