Everton/hummel Launch Alan Ball Trainers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading an old book a fan asked how much Bally got they went bust back then he wore those boots for nothing As he stated he never got the payment for wearing them ?
It was in writer first ever book by Becky Valentine's first ever books questions from a fan about those white boots by Hummel at that time era etc allegedly
He did admit though he dyed his black boots white, but it rained and Hummel found out on one occasion - lol
So may he had broke the deal?
I've tried to understand this post. But I've given up. I think I get the gist.

I've tried to understand this post. But I've given up. I think I get the gist.
Here they are in his era they look poor ..... he was a maestro World Class box to box midfielder -

Alan heard a rumour that the boot manufacturer Hummel, were looking for a professional to wear their white boots and were prepared to pay £2,000. He took them up on the deal, only to be disappointed, he said

“To be honest lads they were crap, like cardboard, so I got the young apprentices to paint my Adidas football boots white. It was great, till one day it rained and the black came through. A not too happy watching Hummel rep saw what I’d done, so I said goodbye to the two grand.”

Their merchandise from this era is now very collectable, and goes for a very good expensive price..... as they did go bust obviously now a big brand game once again -

1600208135356.png

Last edited:
No matter what, no one is going to wear a pair of Hummel trainers.

Stuff with an Everton Badge on, I see Everton gear, not Hummel.

A pair of Hummel trainers, are a pair of Hummel trainers lol

Great idea, just won’t be a success.

I nearly bought a pair of Hummel trainers recently, same style as these, but grey and white, £65 from Schuh. They are not going to be mainstream by any stretch, more for the retro, hipster brigade

I think they look boss. I’m tempted to buy a pair.

It’s a shame that a lot of our fan base would snub them though because Hummel isn’t trendy enough. Don’t get me wrong like, I mean I do get it, but that brand issue thing with sports wear just doesn’t exist in south east asia and probably in other parts of the world too? I see people all the time wearing New Balance trainers, and at first I sniggered, but now I realise there’s no difference. They are all made in the same sweat shops.

A few years ago I was trying to explain to my wife (who’s not from England) about how there are certain brands that you just can’t wear in the U.K. like Hummel, New Balance etc. And she was like “why?” and I honestly couldn’t give her a good reason, I was like: “you just can’t wear them, you know, people just don’t, I mean why would you, I mean it’d look silly wouldn’t it?”. Haha.

Time to start thinking more global lads! Everton needs to grow beyond L4! Let’s get a special Colombian range out there too!

I would get a pair with the link to Bally as I seen him play - I used that make when of football boots when I was 17 years old playing competitive youth football - they were ok, but as for trainers now at the age of 65 years old - not for me - but the kids plus younger generation - I think they will sell well among EFC fans tbh........
I could see @COYBL25 on his early run strutting along in his pomp in them tbh :D

No offense to Alan but I think those are nice shoes that I'd maybe get without the Ball decorations which are a bit Kopite
The Kopites hated him mate, he scored so many times v that lot - The Alan Ball thing is the big deal imo .........for any aged Blues fans ........if we had boy - Girl grandkids they would be getting a pair .........

The Kopites hated him mate, he scored so many times v that lot - The Alan Ball thing is the big deal imo .........for any aged Blues fans ........if we had boy grand kids they would be getting a pair .........
Nah I mean wearing shoes themed after the club is a bit kopite. Not Alan Ball.

They look far better quality than most Nike or Adidas trainers.

Im an 11 or a bit bigger so probably wont fit.

You know what they say about guys with large feet...big shoes.

They look far better quality than most Nike or Adidas trainers.

Im an 11 or a bit bigger so probably wont fit.

You know what they say about guys with large feet...big shoes.
Big mouths lol joking many girls have been let down with that myth , but European shoe sizes I tend to go a size bigger as they are small imo size 10 for instance I would get size 11.....

Status
Not open for further replies.