"Everton have the potential and talent to win titles"- Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You hated Moyes, yet he continually got us into the top half, in fact, well into the top half.

Your argument is purely based on style over substance.
No, that's not true. 2002-2009 = total loyalty to Moyes. Maybe you should try it with Martinez?

Leicester 39 goals
City 37 goals
Everton 35 goals
Arsenal 34 goals
Spurs 33 goals

'Tale of Two Nets' with us though isn't it. If he can sort the defence out then he would have us where we all want to be, so far I'd say he's not doing enough to rectify the things we can all see are sub par.

'Tale of Two Nets' with us though isn't it. If he can sort the defence out then he would have us where we all want to be, so far I'd say he's not doing enough to rectify the things we can all see are sub par.
I'd say he'll get it sorted...just like he sorted the lack of pace last season out going forward.

No, that's not true. 2002-2009 = total loyalty to Moyes. Maybe you should try it with Martinez?
What changed then, Dave?

I don't want to back a manager who is too stubborn to see what everybody else can see.

He has underperformed now for nearly two seasons on the run. That is something you simply cannot deny.

What changed then, Dave?

I don't want to back a manager who is too stubborn to see what everybody else can see.

He has underperformed now for nearly two seasons on the run. That is something you simply cannot deny.
What changed was the realisation after the final v Chelsea that he served up non-creative muck and we had no chance ever of a trophy under him.

What does three wins on the bounce do, now @davek ?

It doesn't do as much as it would've done earlier on in the season.

Sure, it'll instill a bit of confidence (Which should be there anyway seeing as @davek says we're the best attacking team in the country) but it won't rocket us up the table - which'd give us plenty more confidence AND appease the 'malcontents' - because sides have a decent cushion on us now that they didn't have then.

Leicester could AND should easily have been us. Even untied, Palace, or WHU.

Utter crap. The opportunity has gone. We've failed to exploit our 'easier' run, and RM has to take responsibility. We can't even hold a lead for long fafs, so how are we to expect the mammoth task of three wins in a row?

Even if we did, it'd neither appease me nor fool me - or many others. Kindly refrain from second guessing the mindset of those who hold a different view to your own.

It's not unreasonable to expect to be a lot higher up the table than were we are. Don't make out we're asking too much for thinking so.

And don't paint a picture that everything'll be ok if we just have the patience of job.

I expect nothing less than 3 points today; and would be most grateful if you turned it in with the same pontifications if we don't get them.

Thanks. Enjoy the game.

What changed was the realisation after the final v Chelsea that he served up non-creative muck and we had no chance ever of a trophy under him.
I agree with you wholeheartedly on that.

I don't see how we have improved under Martinez, though. Sure we are more easy on the eye, but when you're conceding 7 goals in two home games and winning 6/19 games, it just isn't good enough.

The defence has been a major issue for many years with Martinez, it is a problem area he shows no sign of addressing. You can't just keep saying he will sort it, when he hasn't looked like even attempting it.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on that.

I don't see how we have improved under Martinez, though. Sure we are more easy on the eye, but when you're conceding 7 goals in two home games and winning 6/19 games, it just isn't good enough.

The defence has been a major issue for many years with Martinez, it is a problem area he shows no sign of addressing. You can't just keep saying he will sort it, when he hasn't looked like even attempting it.
Agree about the defence: needs sorting out asap. The stats are all a bit of nonsense though: we can all skew stuff this way and that. They prove nothing....unless they're in a pie chart, of course. :coffee:

Agree about the defence: needs sorting out asap. The stats are all a bit of nonsense though: we can all skew stuff this way and that. They prove nothing....unless they're in a pie chart, of course. :coffee:
Fair enough. We all want what is best for Everton at the end of the day.

Let's just hope we can pick up some form and win the League Cup!

It's all very Moyes being well out of the top four race at year end already. Moyes usually had very good second halves though, wonder if Martinez will do the same.

It's all very Moyes being well out of the top four race at year end already. Moyes usually had very good second halves though, wonder if Martinez will do the same.
If its like the matches he won't,we are normally shocking in the 2nd half of games

Status
Not open for further replies.