Everton FC's Farhad Moshiri BUYS the Royal Liver Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having read all that again I suppose I do come across in one fell swoop like that as overly negative. But you could do exactly the same with anone here on whatever hobby horse(s) they hold important - a player, a manager, an opponent.

Oh, and by the way, in reading through my concerns (expressed over a number of months) I came to the conclusion, at the end of it, that those same concerns are still in play and that nothing has happened in the intervening period to allay those fears regarding the owner and what he's SUBSTANTIALLY done for this club, either on squad investment or getting us a deal on a stadium that is the best for the long term interests of the club.
your fears are noted...interminably

I totally disagree on this point, you see it as a millstone but it IS in the long term intetests of the club. Say Moshiri fronted all the money for the stadium, this would be converted into shares presumably as no one gives away 300 million. What happens then if he popped his clogs? No warning one night doesn't wake up. I would imagine his daughter or ex-wife or trusty dog would suddenly have ideas about how best to get back that money.

This could happen at any time with no care for the state of the world. The TV money could have dried up that month, or the markets cause even billionaires to not buy football clubs. We are then likely to have someone with little or no interest in Everton, who will sell us to any unscrupulous buyer who can stump up the cash OR will asset strip us/withhold TV money until they are satisfied that they have been repaid.

So relatively small annual repayments that you can budget for that also leaves it in the clubs hands, or possible armageddon. You decide.
If that happened what could happen? Stadium built and established as Everton's. What are his family going to do, dismantle it and move it to Iran? And if they sold their shares to another buyer then that buyer would presumably want a successful club.

They're ALL unscrupulous. D'you think Moshiri isn't? Look who he worked for and what his job was: he reinvested wealth that was seized from a sovereign state by an oligarch.

Having read all that again I suppose I do come across in one fell swoop like that as overly negative. But you could do exactly the same with anone here on whatever hobby horse(s) they hold important - a player, a manager, an opponent.

Oh, and by the way, in reading through my concerns (expressed over a number of months) I came to the conclusion, at the end of it, that those same concerns are still in play and that nothing has happened in the intervening period to allay those fears regarding the owner and what he's SUBSTANTIALLY done for this club, either on squad investment or getting us a deal on a stadium that is the best for the long term interests of the club.

We need sound investment this summer, that's undoubtedly true. Given his short tenure, there's not yet much of a track record to rely upon, but it seems like he's got a plan. If we're revisiting another frustrating window September 1, his good will may be found in shorter supply.

We need sound investment this summer, that's undoubtedly true. Given his short tenure, there's not yet much of a track record to rely upon, but it seems like he's got a plan. If we're revisiting another frustrating window September 1, his good will may be found in shorter supply.

If progress continues on the stadium he'll have no shortage of goodwill. He's done more in 12 months than the previous board did in 20 years.

Mosh has basically committed his business interests to the city of Liverpool, bought the city's most iconic building so he can watch the development of BM and the stadium taking shape, like the evil Sith lord emperor in Return of the Jedi from the deck of the battlestar, but it aint no big thing like!

He is a fraud, Joe Anderson is a turd, Dan Meis is probably 5hite at designing stadiums and we are all doomed I tell thee.

Still not convinced that Joe goes to the gym and barber every Thursday

Heads are falling.

Well in Moshiri.

IMG_7740.JPG

If progress continues on the stadium he'll have no shortage of goodwill. He's done more in 12 months than the previous board did in 20 years.
...and this is how the modest squad spending will be 'managed'. They know that we know this stadium has to be paid for. There'll be a Pavlovian response.

It's a substantial investment by the owner of Everton FC into the city of Liverpool. He has bought the most iconic building in Liverpool with the Liverbirds as the symbols of the City. Together with the Bramley Dock Ground, this is a statement that he wants to be part of the City's development. This will play well for Everton with the council and is in direct opposition to the destruction performed by some group of Americans who have shown no interest in the development of the City.

We now have the council with us, we have an agreement for the council to support our ground move and we have an owner who now owns the City's most iconic building. It's not a player on the pitch, but it's getting all the right people behind the club. This is substantial and it has a great deal to do with EFC and our future.........
This is a great post but you are wasting your time. Dave's been banging the drum from day 1 that Moshiri is only here for the short term and to make a quick profit. The fact that he is investing in the City and not just the club completely flies in the face of this and just makes his whole approach to Moshiri look ridiculous.

I've never known a blue fail to be happy about a single good thing that has happened to the Club. The only time he was happy was when we were absolutely dreadful on the pitch with no sign of improvement. Dave must have loved the 90s!

...and this is how the modest squad spending will be 'managed'. They know that we know this stadium has to be paid for. There'll be a Pavlovian response.

Can't have everything mate. There's hardly a club in the world that has built a stadium and spent massively at the same time. Arsenal were hit, Spurs will be hit. Moshiri came up with a funding model to minimise this risk (which you called fraud on) and now you're ready to call fraud if he doesn't spend big on the team. What would he have to do to satisfy you? In his first 12 months break all FFP restrictions and sink close to 1 billion pounds capital of his own wealth on the stadium (skipping all the due diligence bits just rushing straight to a spade in the ground) and new players? He literally could not have done more in the year he's been here:

Debt satisfied with interest free loan to him (savings on interest huge each year, no guarantee we even have to repay the loan)

This has allowed us to set up a funding model for a WATERFRONT stadium and secure the land. (Imagine the complexity of that with Peel and the council and he'd done it within a year)

Ineffective management team paid off and new manager and head of recruitment brought in at expensive compensation

Goodison exterior updated

New sponsorship for the training ground

New shirt and sleeve sponsorship to be agreed

Transfer fees and wages spent on Bolasie Williams Gueye Schneiderlin Lookman.

What more could you possibly want from one year of ownership?

Status
Not open for further replies.