Everton fan banned from Goodison for racially abusing Ric Wee on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes mate, he can if they don't want him on their property. It's known as owners discretion.

Ah right. Thanks.

What stops them from banning someone just because they don't like him?

Probably to do with having an 'Everton' in his twitter handle.

Any business in theory can refuse entry to someone they don't want to serve.

The fact is he could very easily have been arrested and gone to prison for what he tweeted - others have! He got off very lightly.
I'm citing a completely different case here, but what about the gay couple who were refused entry to a B+B and won?

[QUOTE="Azzurri, post: 2797587, member: 11481"

What stops them from banning someone just because they don't like him?

[/QUOTE]

Nothing mate. Just like me or you can refuse somebody entry to our home, if they don't have a court order (warrant.)

His punishment is the ban and fully deserved.

You want the police involved for some nasty words? Do me a favour. Think they may have more serious crimes to be investigating.

73add69cb2c43fb1e01f4a2a16ca3506.png

Couldn't help myself x

He definitely deserves the ban, I rather not be associated with the moron. Not that stuff like this isn't occuring daily by fans all over the world, but the fact that his twitter name involves EFC, it automatically makes it there problem and concern, he is now indirectly representing the club. If he had a generic twitter name I don't think this would have happened.

I'm glad he's banned because racism is wrong, as is abusing a fellow Evertonian for no reason.

Having said that, he does sort of make a point. Can he be banned from Asda now? B&Q? The leisure centre?

All those places can ban him, private property, lets hope they do

People are backing this guy up....I think it's the right thing to do - mainly for example because people need to realise that being abusive/racist via the internet isn't acceptable (Or at all). It can't be justified because 'it's just the internet' which many people appear to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.