Everton extends kit deal with Umbro

Status
Not open for further replies.
864A208D-6A9F-4B1B-BC99-E36347392444.jpeg

Never liked us in the black kits (mostly because we’re terrible away from home in general). Give me a good amber kit anyway. Le Coq sportif did a great pair of kits when we had them for a season.

I have nevere understood the myth of 'the amber kit' think we have had one good season with it back in the seventies and the only other time we had a proper amber kit was 03/04 when we were dogshit.

Am pretty sure we have had better seasons with a black away kit... if anyone can tell me otherwise, please do!

I have nevere understood the myth of 'the amber kit' think we have had one good season with it back in the seventies and the only other time we had a proper amber kit was 03/04 when we were dogshit.

Am pretty sure we have had better seasons with a black away kit... if anyone can tell me otherwise, please do!
No myth.
It was just class
20190608_110326.jpg

Think it was 11/12 we had one. It’s not so much about it being when we were good. It’s about recognition. We used to be recognisable in an amber away kit. Recently I couldn’t name you a single good away kit we’ve had. There was the vanilla third kit, the black one with pink stripes, everything else has just been a mush of various white/grey/silver template kits.

I think Everton away kits were traditionally white, until the 60's, when the amber/yellow crept in.

Think it was 11/12 we had one. It’s not so much about it being when we were good. It’s about recognition. We used to be recognisable in an amber away kit. Recently I couldn’t name you a single good away kit we’ve had. There was the vanilla third kit, the black one with pink stripes, everything else has just been a mush of various white/grey/silver template kits.

I had forgotten about the Amberish Le Coq effort in 2011/12. Wasn't that bad to be honest.

I know some people say that it doesn’t matter what kit we have as long as it’s Royal blue. But with us being let down every year with the team, is it too much to ask for a decent strip to be sorted out? Especially with modern day footballers being so vain, if they walk out like plebs, there not gonna want to perform to their best. I know it shouldn’t be like this with the money the’re on but it’s a fact. If I go on a night out in a gash outfit, that I’m not comfortable in, my optimism of pulling diminishes rapidly.

I know some people say that it doesn’t matter what kit we have as long as it’s Royal blue. But with us being let down every year with the team, is it too much to ask for a decent strip to be sorted out? Especially with modern day footballers being so vain, if they walk out like plebs, there not gonna want to perform. I know it shouldn’t be like this with the money the’re on but it’s a fact. If I go on a night out in a gash outfit, that I’m not comfortable in, my optimism of pulling diminishes rapidly.

You think player's play worse because they don't like the kit they're in?????????????????????????????????

Sort of yes. As I said, it shouldn’t be about this ‘cause of the money they earn but, it is a factor with vain professionals. It’s gotta be? If you feel comfortable walking out in front of millions (via SKY, BT Sport etc) it’s an issue for them. Otherwise they wouldn’t spend 3 grand on a pair of sun bins?

Status
Not open for further replies.