Everton Draw Hajduk Split

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's really rude mate. You might find it interesting that the biggest sport event during the second world war was a match played between Hajduk Split and British Army in Bari (Italy) in front of 40000 people.

After Italian occupation of Split Hajduk was offered to play in italian Serie A but the club rather stopped all activity than play for those fascists. Lot of players went to partisans to fight nazis and fascists and in 1944 all players that were alive were rescued from occupied teritories by partisans and moved to island of Vis and the club was reestablished as part of Yugoslav People's Army.

They went to play numerous matches against British army teams. The biggest was the one in Bari where half of English national team played against Hajduk. The captain of the team was Wolves and England Captain Stan Cullis (the guy leading the team on the phot obelow) as well as dad of later England manager Ray Wilkins and numerous other. In return match played in Split you had certain Davies that played for Everton.

So we have a lot in common, shared values as well. Too bad the city (and the country) has become more backward than 70 years ago. The saddest thing is that most of Hajduk ultras are right wing neo nazi scumbag that wants to erase the memory of these glorious days.

If you want to read more about it...
Well played Sir.

that's really rude mate. You might find it interesting that the biggest sport event during the second world war was a match played between Hajduk Split and British Army in Bari (Italy) in front of 40000 people.

After Italian occupation of Split Hajduk was offered to play in italian Serie A but the club rather stopped all activity than play for those fascists. Lot of players went to partisans to fight nazis and fascists and in 1944 all players that were alive were rescued from occupied teritories by partisans and moved to island of Vis and the club was reestablished as part of Yugoslav People's Army.

They went to play numerous matches against British army teams. The biggest was the one in Bari where half of English national team played against Hajduk. The captain of the team was Wolves and England Captain Stan Cullis (the guy leading the team on the phot obelow) as well as dad of later England manager Ray Wilkins and numerous other. In return match played in Split you had certain Davies that played for Everton.

So we have a lot in common, shared values as well. Too bad the city (and the country) has become more backward than 70 years ago. The saddest thing is that most of Hajduk ultras are right wing neo nazi scumbag that wants to erase the memory of these glorious days.

If you want to read more about it...
If I thought you'd take offence I wouldn't post it mate. The Finn doesn't take offence as we've decimated his entire culture for many years on here and he's still here, getting wrecked and praising Donald Trump on the weekend.

We hope a few of you stick around too.

If I thought you'd take offence I wouldn't post it mate. The Finn doesn't take offence as we've decimated his entire culture for many years on here and he's still here, getting wrecked and praising Donald Trump on the weekend.

We hope a few of you stick around too.
no offence taken, I just hate it when people don't know the history. If Everton (or whichever England team) had the war history Hajduk had, you'd brand whole team around it. In our parts, we are ashamed of it to the point that somebody earlier said no real hajduk fan would use old amblem with the red star. Well I would :D Wouldn't use Hajduk Jugend shirt those idiots made few years ago...

no offence taken, I just hate it when people don't know the history. If Everton (or whichever England team) had the war history Hajduk had, you'd brand whole team around it. In our parts, we are ashamed of it to the point that somebody earlier said no real hajduk fan would use old amblem with the red star. Well I would :D Wouldn't use Hajduk Jugend shirt those idiots made few years ago...
Try sharing a city with the kopites for real shame.

To be fair he was making fun of Finland there not Croatia.

Status
Not open for further replies.