Everton Draw Hajduk Split

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winslow? Had a good time on April vs Burnley. Don't be afraid, like I said there are idiots everywhere. You can freely wear Everton colours, altough Hajduk's archenemy, Dinamo Zagreb wear blue colours
indeed, it really depends on situation, the vibe of the moment... but offering a beer is always a good way to get new friends.

Crazy draw. One of my best friends is Croatian-American and has even been to games there. Here is he and I and buddy in Vegas where he is sporting his Split t-shirt.

Wish I could go to this one. Split is supposed to be amazing. Defo stay the weekend if you can.

10551030_10152199434803144_721296316830474987_n.jpg
Who is the hunk on the left, drinking the ladies' drink?

Almost no trouble from our lot - maybe back in the day with the train going fans in the 60s and the crew in the 70s and, belatedly the 2005 cup tie with United... - we can safely ignore neanderthal fans at Ayresome Park and Helmand Province Road, Yorkshire cos they were up for a fight and I'm sure we gave them one.. Zenit came spoiling for trouble a decade ago and THEY kicked off with glasses and bottles in the Spellow - not sure they met any trouble.

We dont really have meth here. And It's really not a horror movie here...
People greet each other with "pomalo"... google the word if you like, it really describes the locals.

I really didn't expect to find this level od paranoia on this forum, really weird.
You're not getting English humour. No one is scared- we just aren't there for trouble, or to go on gay rights parades.

Yeah I went

Bled > Ljubljana > Zagreb > Split.

Took about 8 hours which was fine. My Zagreb to split was air con free and it was hell.

Split is a great City I can't wait to see it full of blues!

We had a couple of nights in Bled as well, spent a day at the lake and walked Vintgar Gorge, stunning nature round there.

From Split we did a day trip to Plitvice Lakes, it takes about three hours to get there on the bus, well worth it if your there for a few days.

Re the swastika....

Conflict in the balkans has gone one since forever. In WW2 the nazis took advantage of that & there were SS divisions from Croatia. They wouldn't have been manning the gas chambers or even interested in the ideology, they were fighting against their enemy. After the war general Tito managed to galvanise the factions & created Yugoslavia, but after he died the whole thing disintegrated & we all know what happened. People there have endured mass murder so if they're not as politically correct as we are, then it is what it is. No different to people in Northern Ireland showing support for the IRA or UDA.

So not excusing it, but just think yourself lucky that "ethnic cleansing" is something we hear on the news, not a daily reality.

Start any rubbish over here and the Ginger steward will sort them out.
that is the thing. ultras don't mind being "sorted out". it is all part of the trip. however, if you don't have any groups willing to fight them then they will just linger around, drink and pick on police.

Hi guys, I'm from Croatia and a Hajduk fan, I'm planning to come but I have a few issues. After the Brexit it seems like a lot of hate and violence were directed towards the people from Eastern Europe, I've read stories about Polish people getting bullied and even killed. Will I be safe if I'm a Slav and have a strong Slavic accent?

If you stay in a group of three or more you'll be fine the English are proper shithouses who only attack the weak and the vulnerable. I suggest you wear your colours like a man but don't be in peoples faces about it or you could get Barkley'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.