Everton Draw Hajduk Split

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is the thing. ultras don't mind being "sorted out". it is all part of the trip. however, if you don't have any groups willing to fight them then they will just linger around, drink and pick on police.

Sort them out meant show them to their seats and make sure they have food and drink in them at half-time. We're the worst side to draw if they're looking for Aggro. They will not get any over here from anybody.

Selected comment from Croatian (and some other) fans on Bert Kassies European football forum:

Hajduk are really the unlucky ones. They'll never reach the group stage...

Ummm....West Ham syndrome? Anyone? No? Oh well... Would like some insights and thoughts about this tie (and especially about Everton themselves) from fellow English colleagues

Everton-Hajduk 60-40

Everton-Hajduk 60-40 (again)

Hajduk have 0/7 when it comes to knock-out ties with English clubs so this is the worst possible opponent they could get. I'm not a Hajduk Split fan per se, I'm a fan of all Croatian teams in European cups. Domestically, I've once supported Dinamo Zagreb, but when the club turned into a criminal organization I started supporting everybody else in the league who can prevent them winning the championship.

Everton-Hajduk 70-30

Everton-Hajduk 60-40 The fate of the tie will be decided by how much attention Everton give to UEL. They defeated Ruzomberok twice with full stadium. May be they are not West Ham United.

Hajduk - Everton 1 - 99
No chance at all. I'm not saying it because I'm an ardent hater of them but because I'm familiar with every aspect of their team and they don't have a team capable of seriously troubling a top team. Maccabi and Slovan last two years were teams they were capable of troubling and they lost 3 out of 4 of those fixtures.

We need to take atleast a 2 goal lead to their gaff. Wouldn't be shocked to see their fans intimidate the players on the pitch with the atmosphere/potential racist chants.

Feel sorry for genuine Split fans who get tarnished by their idiot ultras.

Sort them out meant show them to their seats and make sure they have food and drink in them at half-time. We're the worst side to draw if they're looking for Aggro. They will not get any over here from anybody.

They could always try looking for a wall on Walton Breck Road if they fancy a game of Needle in a Haystack.

Or if they catch a taxi and ask for Postcode L24 1YD on Friday they should meet plenty of football supporters waiting for them all sporting their colours..

Last edited:
If we have any ambitions of doing well in this competition we will have to beat far better teams than this. Hopefully we will have a focus for our attack, an attack minded mid fielder and a bit of urgency by the time we play them.

They could always try looking for a wall on Walton Breck Road if they fancy a game of Needle in a Haystack.

Or if they catch a taxi and ask for Postcode L24 1YD on Friday they should meet plenty of football supporters waiting for them all sporting their colours..

You mean, L1 6BG, of course.

Little bit about their team. First choice for attack is Futacs, high, strong but slow, so Williams and Kane shouldn't have much problem with him. Second choice is Ohandza. He is strong and fast, but always injured. Vlasic is young, everybody see him as a great talent but after two years he is still only a talent. Erceg, nevermind he scored two goals against Brondby, he is a player you don't need to be scared. Technicaly ok, not to fast. Central defenders Borja Lopez, from Barcelona B (250k euro fee, so you presume what sort of player is he) and Nizic who played for low ranking club till his 24. Barry, something like Gana but not so good. Kozulj played in Bosnian league till last year. So definetely, i can't see how Everton can lose this

Oh I'm assuming a few are interested... but when stoke played hajduk in 2011, they received an 1,800 allocation, I expect we should get a bit more than that.

The only two teams I care about drew each other. Great.

Split is wonderful, and given the time of year it will be like a festival. My guess is some isolated nonsense will happen (teens throwing chairs at each other or something equally asinine) and it will get blown out of proportion. Everyone will be fine. Torcida is a big part of the city but it is not just about hooliganism, at all. A legitimately interesting history if you're into that sort of thing.

Everyone should be eating well, having a swim in the morning, getting along with everyone and enjoying watching the absolute scene that is the north end of Poljud. If you're not, you're doing it wrong. HŽV @cromofo

Status
Not open for further replies.