Everton Dictionary

Status
Not open for further replies.
“ He hit it too well”
A ready made excuse for a strike on goal that misses the target by a country mile as the keeper whistles to himself while swinging on the crossbar .
Such strikes are a popular pastime for a certain Neal Maupay .

I've stumbled upon what I think is a groundbreaking idea for a thread.

'Everton that'
It's such a thrown term, covering so much bull, that I found it difficult to describe in one sentence for someone.

I threw out the question to the Twitter sphere and I'm a fan of the replies. It got me thinking, s a collective, we could render the Collins Dictionary to the bin.

We've so may turns-of-phrases, it would be interesting to see how they could be explained in one sentence.

'Everton That'
Adjective:
When you provide unexplainable moments of comedy, frustration, and annoyance.
ChatGPT:
(after a prompt)

the phrase "Everton, that" is used by the supporters or fans of Everton Football Club to express a sense of disappointment or frustration when something typically unfortunate or disappointing happens with the team. It reflects the fans' perception that such events are characteristic or expected of Everton.

The phrase "Everton, that" serves as a shorthand or catchphrase among the supporters, encapsulating the collective sentiment of disappointment and resignation that can sometimes accompany being a fan of the team. It is a way for fans to express their shared experiences and emotions related to the team's unfortunate outcomes or moments.

It's important to note that the phrase's meaning and usage may vary among different fan communities or in different contexts, but generally, it represents a manifestation of the fans' enduring support and connection to the team despite the disappointments they may experience.

I've stumbled upon what I think is a groundbreaking idea for a thread.

'Everton that'
It's such a thrown term, covering so much bull, that I found it difficult to describe in one sentence for someone.

I threw out the question to the Twitter sphere and I'm a fan of the replies. It got me thinking, s a collective, we could render the Collins Dictionary to the bin.

We've so may turns-of-phrases, it would be interesting to see how they could be explained in one sentence.

'Everton That'
Adjective:
When you provide unexplainable moments of comedy, frustration, and annoyance.
Most entries would be banned by the mods.

A Moshiri: Buying a business in a sector you know nothing about and then sending it hurtling into oblivion whilst burning cash for fun.

‘Kev The Rat that’

When you declare the end of the world 8 mins into a football game when the team you don’t want to win score first. The aforementioned team then go on to get utterly bummed by the opposition in the second half.

“He’s only gone and Kev The Rat that.”

Status
Not open for further replies.