• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe if your names on the Trophy, you will it regardless what others do. Example, In Jan 1995 I bought the Sun newspaper on the day of the 3rd Round of the FA Cup, and it said that a Team in Royal Blue would win the FA Cup. We won the cup that year and we played Both Newcastle and Man Utd in that Cup run - who were trying to win the title, as well as Spurs. So if they are meant to win they will (if not they will not) - regardless what we do against City.

If Arsenal win later, I hope City beat us narrowly, preferably with an injury time "Spanish Penalty".

I just hope the experience is good for our youth team players, and our 2 new out of contract signings Keeley and Angel have decent games.

I think we should also join the double denim clad meffs in a celebratory Poznan at the end.

But why risk it?

We should beat Hull, no question.

But we should have beaten Palace. And Sunderland. And probably Saints on Saturday. And a load of others.

Its worth the risk, sorry mate. Them winning it will make the next few years unbearable.

And in the grand scheme of things, 5th or 6th doesnt really matter, other than 25 pro players starting the season a month earlier.

We need a point to gurantee european football. Should get it at Hull but lets not put everything on one game, we play every game to win. Forget about them gobshites and support your own team.

P.S - Palace will beat Liverpool and hand Chelsea the league

Its worth the risk, sorry mate. Them winning it will make the next few years unbearable.

And in the grand scheme of things, 5th or 6th doesnt really matter, other than 25 pro players starting the season a month earlier.

Nah no need for sorry at all mate. I totally understand the other side of the argument too.

I don't really think there's a right or wrong answer.

There's just a lot of games still to go that could affect this. Say we lose to City, but they balls up against Villa again?

Then we've lost for no reason and might miss Europe.

i'd be astounded if arsenal dont win tonight, if that happens then we wont get 4th so i'll gladly take a defeat to City at the risk of possibly losing 5th place (still deciding if I even want us to qualify for the europa league, take this years competition for example, at the semi final stage and you'd barely even know the competition was still running)

Even if Arsenal win tonight, we are playing City on Sunday while Arsenal play on Monday, so we will be 4 points behind Arsenal with 2 games remaining, Arsenal can win tonight but draw and lose the last 2 and we win the least 2 and finish ahead of them

Nah no need for sorry at all mate. I totally understand the other side of the argument too.

There's just a lot of games still to go that could affect this. Say we lose to City, but they balls up against Villa again?

Agreed, and I keep changing my mind over what I want. I'll be able to give a definitive answer at about 5pm on Saturday after Spurs and Man Utd have both played.

But it does matter mate.

If it really didn't affect us, then yeah sure, take the defeat and enjoy. But I'm a little shocked people don't want to finish 5th.
This is the thing. It doesn't JUST depend on the Arsenal result versus Newcastle - Spurs can still catch us and take 5th place. In some ways, that's actually a more important question than "Can we still catch Arsenal?"

Luckily, Spurs play West Ham at 12.45 on Saturday, whereas we don't play City until 5.30..... If Arsenal win and Spurs lose, then the City game becomes virtually meaningless to our final placing in the league - we'll come 5th provided we get a point from Hull because our goal difference spanks that of Spurs by some decent margin and Utd only have a maximum of nine points left to grab. In that scenario, I have no problem with us then looking at what our next "priority" might be.

But if there is a chance of catching Arsenal, or a risk of Spurs leapfrogging us, I think we have to put OUR final placing as the priority over the Kopites.

What kind of message does it send out to potential signings if we deliberately sacrifice 5th place in order to stop Liverpool winning the title? Isn't that the definition of small-time behaviour? We would go into defcon 1 meltdown if the positions were reversed and Brenda did that to us.

I'm torn. Every Kopite I know is a gobshite, and their fuckwittery will escalate tenfold if they win the title.... but I want to finish no lower than 5th place. I'm praying for a WHU win at lunchtime on Saturday to make this whole discussion moot.

Can I just ask if any of theose wanting us to beat City and ignore that lot over the park are of the younger generation and/or out-of-towners?

This isn't a cheap jibe at either of those 2 groups - it's just I'm inquisitive. My wish to see that lot pipped to the title at all costs is borne from years suffering from school yards onwards. Am I alone in never wanting to have to endure the nonsene from that band of cultish meffs again? It genuinely is unbearable, and having endured it already in my life I never want it to happen again. Ever.

It's purely to avoid a repeat of those horrible days of the past that wants me to lose to City and hope they witn their last 2 remaining games to keep Gerrard's horrible mitts off the pot.

We could say the same now about the Palace, Sunderland and Soton games we have lost.

Like you say, no right answer mate. Dont want to be in this position, feels like a very Bitter thing to want, but the rivalry is what makes footy ace.

Surely this game against City is more than just "What if Liverpool win the league because of it?" We were desperately unlucky to lose the way we did to the Saints, but if we lose to City, we lose all momentum going into the Hull game and more importantly next season. This game is about pride and I don't like seeing our last 6 game run reading Won 2 Lost 4, I want it reading Won 4 Lost 2.

Also texts, facebook and twitter seem to be over-run with "Go on Everton, do us a favour", oh yeah cause thats right, the last time I checked we did owe you one don't we, P!ss off!

Can I just ask if any of theose wanting us to beat City and ignore that lot over the park are of the younger generation and/or out-of-towners?

This isn't a cheap jibe at either of those 2 groups - it's just I'm inquisitive. My wish to see that lot pipped to the title at all costs is borne from years suffering from school yards onwards. Am I alone in never wanting to have to endure the nonsene from that band of cultish meffs again? It genuinely is unbearable, and having endured it already in my life I never want it to happen again. Ever.

It's purely to avoid a repeat of those horrible days of the past that wants me to lose to City and hope they witn their last 2 remaining games to keep Gerrard's horrible mitts off the pot.

I live in Liverpool, and I want us to beat Man City.

I support Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.