Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hunch is that the guaranteed payment will be less that £23.5m and United will feel that they've done us over. But... the will be a significant number of add-ons which will take it up to £25m+ and Kenwright will feel he's achieved a moral victory. So both parties will walk away feeling satisfied and a new forum thread will run to over 200 posts in which the 'winner' will be debated.

My hunch is that the guaranteed payment will be less that £23.5m and United will feel that they've done us over. But... the will be a significant number of add-ons which will take it up to £25m+ and Kenwright will feel he's achieved a moral victory. So both parties will walk away feeling satisfied and a new forum thread will run to over 200 posts in which the 'winner' will be debated.

tell you what mate, if it happens, I'll be writing a strongly worded letter to my local MP when I find out who he is

My prediction then... United to report it as £20m on the stock-market on Monday/Tuesday. We'll include the add-ons and report it as £25m on the official website.

I think United have to report the fee on the stock market although I might be wrong. I always assumed that's why we knew every detail/add-on in the Rooney transfer.

The news coming out of Belgium is €28m (Euros) which is around £23.8m. Basically the buy-out clause that United could have triggered last month if they hadn't tried to get him on the cheap. We should have refused to sell for a penny less than £25m in the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.