Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't really give any notice to that write up to be fair.

Small column (which means no other news) , no quotes, states the obvious (going to United pushes their careers as footballers is a fact), doesn't reveal anything or put across anything libellous.

All on the back of Moyes saying they might no sign anyone. That doesn't sell papers. Saying "he'll persuade his former employees to sell" does.

Load of **** in other words. If it were the case, we wouldn't have issued a strong statement.

I really hope we don't do business with them. Moyes has gone a bit power crazy, I so hope it all comes back and bites him on the@rse. Doesn't seem to be doing himself and favours, don't normally look forward to playing utd but this season I can't wait now.

This has to be the least transfer activity that United have had since 95/96 when their only signing was Coton for £506k! It's quite ironic that he went to United expecting to buy the World's best and he hasn't been able to spend a penny.

Maybe it's true that United are tightening their belts and they appointed Moyes because he's adept at working on a limited budget as well as the fact that he wouldn't cost any compensation.

He's already warned the Old Trafford faithful that their might not be any signings this window. Is he floundering already? Is he so worried about making a mistake in the transfer market that he dare not sign anybody? Do the top players want to play for him? Has Woodward told him that they won't go any higher than £28m and this is a last, desperate ploy? Are Baines and Fellaini really the answers for them?

It's all very strange. Will Rooney continue to play with a sulk? What if something happens to Van Persie?

I really expected him to have a bit more respect towards us, was I so naive?!

Hopefully Kenwright, Woods, Elstone and the rest are as irritated as the rest of us, regardless of past sentiment.

I imagine that Bill could well be furious with how Moyes has conducted himself from the time that he went to SAF's house.

It smacks of Moyes being desperate to get signings that he had to resort to this public pressure.

The fans want signings and he isn't getting them. Having said that I still think we will cave in and tomorrow could unfortunately be the last we see of both players in our colours.

Small column (which means no other news) , no quotes, states the obvious (going to United pushes their careers as footballers is a fact), doesn't reveal anything or put across anything libellous.

All on the back of Moyes saying they might no sign anyone. That doesn't sell papers. Saying "he'll persuade his former employees to sell" does.

Load of **** in other words. If it were the case, we wouldn't have issued a strong statement.

I beg to differ. It's hardly no big deal when a former manager of a club states he'd have handed over the two best players in his old club to his new club...at the prices quoted. I think that's a very big deal, tbh. I cant understand how anyone should be so sanguine about it. It's a massive moment.

This has to be the least transfer activity that United have had since 95/96 when their only signing was Coton for £506k! It's quite ironic that he went to United expecting to buy the World's best and he hasn't been able to spend a penny.

Maybe it's true that United are tightening their belts and they appointed Moyes because he's adept at working on a limited budget as well as the fact that he wouldn't cost any compensation.

He's already warned the Old Trafford faithful that their might not be any signings this window. Is he floundering already? Is he so worried about making a mistake in the transfer market that he dare not sign anybody? Do the top players want to play for him? Has Woodward told him that they won't go any higher than £28m and this is a last, desperate ploy? Are Baines and Fellaini really the answers for them?

It's all very strange. Will Rooney continue to play with a sulk? What if something happens to Van Persie?

To me this makes a lot of sense. There's just something odd about the way they're doing their business.

I don't believe that new story one bit to be honest (Kenwright would get lynched and he runs the club off player sales), but for United to not be involved with other players in Europe is a bit dodgy

There are quotes though

Clever I think.

Neither of them are the temperamental type to cause a huge scene in hunting for a move. Since the story has come out, who looks bad in the media? Not Everton, that's for sure.

We'll sell at £40m in the last couple of days for the window I feel. Hopefully Martinez will already have replacements lined up.

I think a lot of credit has to go to Alan Myers. Everything that we've done recently, including the Crest consultation, has been so much more slick, professional and intelligently thought-out than under Tyrell.

Status
Not open for further replies.