Everton Carabao Cup 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kopites love it -- to them it's confirmation of their superior status that they can pick and choose their competitions and fixtures.

Forget that it's Liverpool, that set of fixtures is a disgrace. How can the FA expect any team to take part in 2 competitions at the same time is stupid. We would be going mental.

Instead of criticising the FLC Big Teeth should have been taking it out on the RS marketing machine for giving them games to play in December

Forget that it's Liverpool, that set of fixtures is a disgrace. How can the FA expect any team to take part in 2 competitions at the same time is stupid. We would be going mental.
LFC put out a totally different starting 11 for the last round as they did on the weekends before and after and were still competitive enough to get through. Now they're making a big deal about so.ehow having to play 2 games in 24 hours when they've shown they have enough quality players to that.

We had to play a league game on a Sunday and league cup away to spurs on Tuesday in 2009 when we were in europe but didn't have the squad numbers to be competitive in the league cup, because tv wanted to show arsenal v LFC on the Wednesday. Both arsenal and LFC played different starting 11 than previous weekend.

LFC put out a totally different starting 11 for the last round as they did on the weekends before and after and were still competitive enough to get through. Now they're making a big deal about so.ehow having to play 2 games in 24 hours when they've shown they have enough quality players to that.

We had to play a league game on a Sunday and league cup away to spurs on Tuesday in 2009 when we were in europe but didn't have the squad numbers to be competitive in the league cup, because tv wanted to show arsenal v LFC on the Wednesday. Both arsenal and LFC played different starting 11 than previous weekend.

I said discard the fact it is Liverpool. The situation is disgraceful. Don't try and twist it just because it's them lot.

They had their chance to go out amicably in the last round without making it look too obvious that they threw the competition, but no they went absolutely balls to the wall for the the equaliser until the 96th minute and then took loads of perfect pens. They've made their bed, time to lie in it.

I said discard the fact it is Liverpool. The situation is disgraceful. Don't try and twist it just because it's them lot.
I'm not sure it's disgraceful really. There's a FIFA competition scheduled in December at the same time as one of the rounds of the league cup. I'm not sure what the FA can realistically do about that. They can't reschedule the entire competition to suit Liverpool (although it wouldn't have surprised me). Liverpool could have gone out in the earlier rounds of the cup and this would never have been a problem, they didn't and now there's a fixture clash. They have to choose which competition they want to prioritise, or they can split the squad 50/50. I'm not saying it's ideal, but it's not disgraceful, it's just one of those things really.

I'm not sure it's disgraceful really. There's a FIFA competition scheduled in December at the same time as one of the rounds of the league cup. I'm not sure what the FA can realistically do about that. Liverpool could have gone out in the earlier rounds of the cup and this would never have been a problem, they didn't and now there's a fixture clash. They have to choose which competition they want to prioritise, or they can split the squad 50/50. I'm not saying it's ideal, but it's not disgraceful, it's just one of those things really.

I think everybody's attitude would be completely different if we were in that position. The price of success isn't it. The FCWC should not interfere with domestic league/cup football, in my opinion.

I think everybody's attitude would be completely different if we were in that position. The price of success isn't it. The FCWC should not interfere with domestic league/cup football, in my opinion.

I agree, but I would argue that the domestic cup should take precedent here and it should be the Fifa cup that is moved

Status
Not open for further replies.