Everton Carabao Cup 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought..League Cup losing credibility with managers playing g weakened teams...draw made on radio not television so no-one apart from those a making the draw can see what is going on. ..amazingly following draw it is likely four top teams will contest two legged semifinals thus creating renewed interest in the competition....am I imagining a massive PR exercise has just taken place ?

Not the worst but typically we get the hardest draw

After Colchester, Oxford and Villa, Leicester was the best draw we could have hoped for. Colchester, Oxford and Villa all got harder draws than us too.

To be honest, Villa away is only a marginally better draw than Leicester at home, given our away form I wouldn't have liked to go to Villa Park.

Rather Leicester than Liverpool, City or United anyway.

After Colchester, Oxford and Villa, Leicester was the best draw we could have hoped for. Colchester, Oxford and Villa all got harder draws than us too.

To be honest, Villa away is only marginally better than Leicester at home, given our away form I wouldn't have liked to go to Villa Park.

Oh definitely, but just once it'd be nice to the the side that gets drawn at home to the lower league side while the Prem sides are drawn against each other

To be honest, Villa away is only marginally better than Leicester at home, given our away form I wouldn't have liked to go to Villa Park.

This. We’ve a home draw as if it was away we know we would be out! Least at home we have a chance goodison under the lights

They
Just a thought..League Cup losing credibility with managers playing g weakened teams...draw made on radio not television so no-one apart from those a making the draw can see what is going on. ..amazingly following draw it is likely four top teams will contest two legged semifinals thus creating renewed interest in the competition....am I imagining a massive PR exercise has just taken place ?

Thought the same , the pre-rehearsed question to David James gave it away at the end. ' Stand out tie' The two teams he played for ..

And City have had a free pass through the league and FA cup for 4 years

Oh definitely, but just once it'd be nice to the the side that gets drawn at home to the lower league side while the Prem sides are drawn against each other

To be fair mate, we've never had too many bad cup draws in the last few years, that I can recall. Other than Liverpool at Anfield last year, it's been fairly favourable up until the latter stages when you tend to meet the best sides anyway.

Over the next two months we have 11 league games which will bring us to the half way point of the league. I would urge you all to look at those fixtures and we can all predict where we will be by the end of the New Year festivities. I would class myself as a glass half full type but, given the run of games, I can't see us being any further up the table or in a cup semi final. One good thing is that my predictions are usually y wrong and hopefully this one is wrong as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.