Everton boss David Moyes quick to rule out Yakubu Spurs switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxtethBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
Everton boss David Moyes quick to rule out Yakubu Spurs switch | Mail Online

David Moyes has warned Tottenham off making an approach for Yakubu and vowed to make him the most feared finisher in the Barclays Premier League.
The Nigeria striker, 25, has failed to score for two months and has been linked with a January reunion with new Spurs boss Harry Redknapp, his manager during a spell at Portsmouth.
But Moyes, whose Everton side face another of Yakubu's old clubs Middlesbrough at home on Sunday, said: 'I am not aware of interest from another club and I'm not worried about it, either. I know the goals will come and they will be in an Everton shirt. I have no intention of letting him go.

'He is a good lad. He comes in every day with a smile on his face that lights the place up. I enjoy having him around. Maybe he is the sort of lad who needs an arm round the shoulder and to be told the world is OK. 'I was happy to do that last week, when I assured him I had the utmost faith in his ability and that he would be on the scoresheet again in no time.
'There have been glimmers in training of the old Yak coming to the fore again and I trust him to go on a scoring run again.'

I think alot of Evertonians don't want him to succeed.

Mainly because Evertonians love headless chickens and not someone who actually has footballing ability.

He's probably the best striker i've seen in my time, excluding Rooney of course.

Moyesy is still quite good at this kind of thing, handling the press. I was never worried to be honest, it's the Yak.

Has there been any exclusive iamtheyak team news yet by the way, I really want him to start.

Just come in then:

Howard, Hibbert, Yobo, Jagielka, Lescott, Osman, Neville, Fellaini, Baines, Cahill, Saha

Arteta not even on the bench. Pienaar and Yak on the bench.

I think alot of Evertonians don't want him to succeed.

Mainly because Evertonians love headless chickens and not someone who actually has footballing ability.

He's probably the best striker i've seen in my time, excluding Rooney of course.

Define headless chicken and whats a yard dog and are you not an evertonian for likeing the two! You on the acid again mate?

Last edited:
Define headless chicken and whats a yard dog!

Someone who's [Poor language removed] but has good workrate and runs around all day. That's what I'd personally call a headless chicken. An Andy Johnson type player.

A yard dog for me is a player with very limited ability, a [Poor language removed] footballer. The likes of Carsley and Neville spring to mind. Cal would probably aim that at Fellaini.lol

I could be wrong but that's how I'd use them.

Someone who's [Poor language removed] but has good workrate and runs around all day. That's what I'd personally call a headless chicken. An Andy Johnson type player.

A yard dog for me is a player with very limited ability, a [Poor language removed] footballer. The likes of Carsley and Neville spring to mind. Cal would probably aim that at Fellaini.lol

I could be wrong but that's how I'd use them.

Is Cal male or female? not that it makes a difference or being funny like?

Just come in then:

Howard, Hibbert, Yobo, Jagielka, Lescott, Osman, Neville, Fellaini, Baines, Cahill, Saha

Arteta not even on the bench. Pienaar and Yak on the bench.

Holy [Poor language removed]. What the hell is that? That's a post-European game lineup, and we're not even in Europe.

That's what he said, he's always spot on:

Howard

Hibbert Yobo Jagielka Lescott

Osman Fellaini Neville Baines

Cahill

Saha

:(

Any news about Mikel, injured surely? I'm actually shocked by that, I was really confident about the game as well. Lescott and Baines on the left together just doesn't work at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.