Everton being accused of tapping up

Status
Not open for further replies.
A part of his fee would of been compensation, given that even city baulked at his price and the transfer was made outside of the transfer window which was unusual.
They were making open comments in the media about him which we never did in regards to Silva. Nothing much will happen as they are football's version of the mafia and they get away with it time and time again.

Indeed.

I thought the Niasse incident would have set a precedent.
The authorities? Treating Everton equally?

1537095559041.jpeg

The media seem to be forcing the authorities hands with a "it should be a points deduction, but they'll probably escape with a fine" narrative

I think they'll take points off us but never do it again to someone else

I wouldn't mind so much if such sanctions were dealt out evenly to every club. Sadly they never are and it always seems to be us who gets the kicking

If we got punished after what the RS did in tapping up Van Dijk it would just show how much more of a laughing stock the FA and premier league were........so that’s 6 points deducted then.

Yup

I wish we'd lawyer up and bring a case that we're unfairly treated, but I sadly fear we'll meekly accept the points deduction and leave it

We are easy targets which is the problem. Niasse diving ban last year being good example. The clown in the guardian didn’t see fit to mention moyes being well signed by manure long before he left Everton. I can’t wait until the fume when we get Usmanov fully on board and start splashing the cash. When that happens we won’t be seen as such an easy target !

Wouldn't it be funny if a points deduction saw Everton being relegated. Well, not funny, but you know what I mean. It's not as if this is the firs , or hundredth time it's happened.

I don't think the FA would be brave enough or even stupid enough to do it but I'd begrudge even a fine, which is the most
probable outcome.

When was the last time a club had a points deduction for this 'offence'?

Wouldn't it be funny if a points deduction saw Everton being relegated. Well, not funny, but you know what I mean. It's not as if this is the firs , or hundredth time it's happened.

I don't think the FA would be brave enough or even stupid enough to do it but I'd begrudge even a fine, which is the most
probable outcome.

When was the last time a club had a points deduction for this 'offence'?
Chelsea were given a suspended 3-point deduction for tapping up Ashley Cole in 2005.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/jun/02/football.mattscott

I actually hope we do get punished maybe 3 point deduction and a fine, as then every transfer will have to be checked out and made sure all is above board, what club will be hurt most in all this, our friends over at Watford of course, what English club will want to do business with the snitches that caused clubs to miss out on their targets because they couldn't contact an agent first as is done in almost every transfer to see if a player would be interested.
You mean just like what happens every time a player dives for a penaltylol

A part of his fee would of been compensation, given that even city baulked at his price and the transfer was made outside of the transfer window which was unusual.

Legally though, it doesn't look good if you use the old "we paid our way out of trouble". You get away with being corrupt as long as it never gets outed in public court (where people are under oath). Legally "we paid a bit more" when you paid the asking price of the summer would not stand up well.

Neither should "Southampton dropped the complaint" stand up. Prosecutions are still often made without witness consent (albeit less so). For the good of the game all instances should be treated equally, even historical ones (as the Silva one now is).

I doubt this will happen though, as the game is corrupt from top to bottom, and the super rich can essentially hold sway on the basis of their wealth.

Everton don't help themselves in such positions. While you can't expect the tory establishment to stop protecting it's prized assets, you can control your own behaviour. The clubs response to the Niasse & Holgate affair was pathetic. I doubt it will be any better with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.