Everton 'B' Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw blue

Player Valuation: £6m
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...er-league-b-teams-and-more-home-grown-players

Thoughts? Lets be honest, the reserve league or whatever they have named it now is little more than an extension of the U18 league. There is such a gap between that and premiership football. I think this would be great for player development. It will put more emphasis on results and not so much on performance, but if the youngsters are coached to play tika taka from an early age, they should develop the right way.

League 3 would initially be a poor standard, but if the youngsters do well, then they could make it to higher leagues against better opposition in a few years.

I think it's a fantastic idea if it was able to be implemented fairly to the other sides around that level, i.e. Man city shouldn't be able to buy 11 18-13yr olds for 300 mil and put them in the B team to 'develop'...

But for us, seeing Browning, Kennedy?, Garbutt, Lundstram, Ledson (I could go of forever here) play essentially week in week out against decent competition and grow until they are ready for us? Yes please

I think it's a great idea to be honest, i mean if you look at the success of it in France and Germany and in particular, Spain, you can see the clear benefits.
I mean if you look at the Segunda division in Spain, in the last 10 years, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Málaga, Sevilla and Villarreal have had teams competing in the second division, with Barcelona doing particularly well. I can understand why supporters of lower league teams may be concerned, as well, considering imagine if Fulham 'B' got promoted to 'League 2 South' in place of Pompey, who would take fans everywhere, it's a loss of revenue. But on the flip side, i mean the players have to come through somewhere, and where better than in competitive environment, where they can thrive, and become far better players, it wouldn't change much imo, and i think it's long overdue.

great idea but sadly a b team will kill a lot of clubs off who are struggling financially. Why bother watching the lower league teams when you can just watch the europa team everton's reserves in the league.

It will kill every single local team off from league 2 downewards.

It is a shame because spain and the like clearly prove the benefit of the B team, i mean look at messi/iniesta/xavi/valdes/puyol to name a few

terrible..like the idea of better reserve team football, but this just makes a mockery of lower league football, also attendances would be woeful

I don't know how this is gonna work. So will it be a league 3 for these teams? What happens if they gain back to back promotion or draw their parent club in the cup? It just doesn't work long term. How much will it cost a club?

Presumably having a B team in the lower leagues would remove the need to loan players out to other teams. I wonder how that will affect things in the lower leagues?

I think the only way it could work without damaging the lower league teams is that no B team could be eligible for promotion, and no B team could compete in cup competitions. Having said that I still dont like the idea as it simply gives a way for big clubs to hoard youngsters.

Not for me. The beauty of football in this country is that everyone's got a chance. God knows what this will do to the lower leagues. Just make the gap between big/small rich/poor bigger I reckon.

I hate it it just adds to the monopoly of the premier league by filling the lower divisions with their B teams. Totally unfair on the smaller clubs who have passionate supporters, who is going to be a die hard B team fan

Don't like it at all. In the long term it just benefits the rich clubs - they can just buy up other clubs young talent and stick them in the B team.

Also, it undermines the lower leagues a bit. A club might have fought for decades to be in Division 3/4 (League one, two or whatever you want to call it) and then all of a sudden a 'B' team is stuck in there. Nonsense.

Two problems I see with the idea

- Would increase poaching of young talent from lower league teams earlier in their career at reduced prices, meaning both a loss of later income and talented(but raw) youngsters to play for those teams

- Reduced loans of those talented youngsters back to lower teams, again impacting their quality

This is just another scheme that widens the gulf between the "have" and the "have nots" - horrid, horrid idea

Absolutely terrible idea.

As stated above - pump some of the billions into grassroots footy.

More pitches (grass and astroturf) are desperately needed so build loads of these and let local tams use them for free. Also, make all the coaching and refereeing courses free.

Without grassroots footy we will never get the players for B teams anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.