Everton and VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was any consistency to VAR decisions (HAHAHAHAHAHA) then if the goal is disallowed then it should be brought back for a penalty on Sigurdsson.

If they can disallow goals in other games for a foul that happened in the build up on the opposite end of the pitch, then continuity dictates we should have had a pen.

Incompetent arseholes.

Correct, weren’t we told least season when Jags was sent off against Wolves that him winning the ball was irrelevant as he took the player out afterwards with the follow through?

Sigurdsson had a largely poor game but offside he was not, as he was not interfering with the game, unless you take the word of De Gea who is hardly unbiased, yet rushed across to influence the officials.

Sigurdsson had a largely poor game but offside he was not, as he was not interfering with the game, unless you take the word of De Gea who is hardly unbiased, yet rushed across to influence the officials.
You just can't say he's interfering with play unless you're going to also say that for about 50 other scenarios where it is never officiated that way.

PMGOL said in their statement that he was directly in De Gea's line of vision. That's a total lie, so none of what they say can be taken at face value on this one.

For me, that decision is VAR officials actively looking for a reason to rule a goal out and prioritising that over a common-sense approach to the incident. He's in De Gea's line of sight. Fine. Did that matter one iota with regard to the ball ending up in the net? Quite obviously not. So don't rule the goal out, you biffs.

Dermot Gallagher no surprise supposedly said VAR was right lol, with michael owen telling D/G he was wrong lol, that WAS via premier league tv-bt i dont know as didnt watch that channel today

VAR is another indicator of how pathetic football now is. A ref deemed not good enough to ref this game overturns the decision of the ref deemed good enough. There should be some discussion between the two, like rugby, but no, those in charge are too thick to think about margin for error and staying with the on field decision.

We've been had once again, decisions have gone against us because they've not been clear and obvious, yet today its gone against us despite it obviously not being clear and obvious, so why was it overturned? Just go back to the old offside rule, there was never a problem with that rule in the 90s, so much controversy, debate and worst of all confusion has come about and It keeps getting worse the more they play around with interpretations and all that rubbish, get it back as a clear law and we wouldn't be complaining, it'd be a clear offside.

For me, I’m not so angry about whether it was the right decision or not. It’s the fact that you just can’t celebrate a goal anymore.

I’ve had a season ticket for about 10 years. When the ball hits the net, I look at the linesman and if his flag is down, I go mental.

I can’t do that anymore. There is always at the back of your mind that someone in a studio 100 miles away could find something wrong with the decision.

So that euphoria, losing it and going completely mental has kind of gone. And for me, that was the beat bit about football.

a winner in stoppage time against Utd and you can’t enjoy it. What a load of rubbish.

if this is what football is becoming, I’m not sure I can be bothered with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.