Everton and VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at it this way though.

Are me and you more likely to tell members to use the report function, or to kick off in a thread?

Which outcome is more likely to result in them walking away happy?

Staying calm wins you the argument.
Fair point about calm, but if you're that calm nobody can hear you over the hub-bub?
Then sometimes you have to do a Khrushchev, take your shoe off, bang it on the table until you get their attention, ask them - calmly, who long do we have to listen to this .... and then, again calmly, put your point.

Thing is its all too late now, over the last few days Son has somehow been miraculously rehabilitated back into the human race like he never left it in tears AND scored two goals.
By Christmas nobody will even remember Gomes

Fair point about calm, but if you're that calm nobody can hear you over the hub-bub?
Then sometimes you have to do a Khrushchev, take your shoe off, bang it on the table until you get their attention, ask them - calmly, who long do we have to listen to this .... and then, again calmly, put your point.

Thing is its all too late now, over the last few days Son has somehow been miraculously rehabilitated back into the human race like he never left it in tears AND scored two goals.
By Christmas nobody will even remember Gomes
Most likely a myth, but anyway...

It was true, was on the news back in the day.

Mind you this was before sky invented football in 1992

A bit of research reveals that the shoe was added. Thanks for the insult - the fact that I'm aware of this should tell you I'm much older

A bit of research reveals that the shoe was added. Thanks for the insult - the fact that I'm aware of this should tell you I'm much older
Arent we all. Soz about the dig
But there was a banging incident, the shoe mightve been an optional extra.
The fact we can still talk about it 59 yrs on somewhat proves my point about getting attention

Arent we all. Soz about the dig
But there was a banging incident, the shoe mightve been an optional extra.
The fact we can still talk about it 59 yrs on somewhat proves my point about getting attention
No worries - heard much worse. And agree that it still stands out as a good example of getting the attention - however it actually played out. Keep it up!

"The Premier League have admitted that Everton were the victims of a mistake by VAR in a game that has led to pressure mounting on Marco Silva.

Everton became the first club to have a penalty awarded against them, following the intervention of VAR, after the on-field referee Andy Madley deemed there to have been no foul. It came at Brighton last month, when Michael Keane accidentally trod on striker Aaron Connelly.

The decision had significant ramifications as Everton, who had been leading 2-1 with 10 minutes to go in a game they were controlling, ended up losing 3-2 and all momentum that had been gained the previous weekend, when beating West Ham 2-0, evaporated.

After reviewing the incident, it is understood Premier League officials communicated that the decision should not have been given.

It is not known whether Everton have received an apology from Mike Riley, the head of the PGMOL.
[...]
"

Not that we'll get anything from it. Merely used to set an example, once again.

"The Premier League have admitted that Everton were the victims of a mistake by VAR in a game that has led to pressure mounting on Marco Silva.

Everton became the first club to have a penalty awarded against them, following the intervention of VAR, after the on-field referee Andy Madley deemed there to have been no foul. It came at Brighton last month, when Michael Keane accidentally trod on striker Aaron Connelly.

The decision had significant ramifications as Everton, who had been leading 2-1 with 10 minutes to go in a game they were controlling, ended up losing 3-2 and all momentum that had been gained the previous weekend, when beating West Ham 2-0, evaporated.

After reviewing the incident, it is understood Premier League officials communicated that the decision should not have been given.

It is not known whether Everton have received an apology from Mike Riley, the head of the PGMOL.
[...]
"

Not that we'll get anything from it. Merely used to set an example, once again.
Not like all the footie world already knew it.

I'd like to propose renaming the thread 'Everton and the Var' ; an oft told story of an alien beast, and a bunch of disparate strangers who unite valiantly to slay the behemoth. Perhaps not, just a fantasy.

As bad as VAR is the fact remains Lee Mason looked at it from different angles and stopped play for 3 minutes to decide it was a penalty at Brighton. No doubt he will be the derby referee this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.