Everton and VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be better yes, that is not an excuse to allow VAR or whoever controls it to rip us off twice in a week

VAR is a joke I agree. Some decisions in football are opinion based. There's no black or white in some cases. So, if the ref gets a decision wrong it's annoying but understandable. If VAR gets a decision wrong after 18 replays it's unprecedented levels of fume.

I don't see why we have to waste time pretending we can get fully accurate decisions.

Referees make mistakes, it’s part of the game.
Two referees make twice as many mistakes and shouldn’t be any part of the game.
Plus the continual interruptions are tedious and are acting against the attraction of football as a fast flowing sport.
An experiment that is failing abominably and needs to be ended as soon as possible.

This is what Lineker, Jenas etc said on MOTD, ridiculous that ‘another’ referee in a box somewhere is effectively saying to the onfield ref ‘my opinion is better than yours’. SSN panel highlighted this when looking at the norwich v man u pens. How on earth could the VAR ref give that Daniel James penalty? the onfield ref should have looked at that on a tv somewhere and said to the VAR bloke ‘sorry mate, no way is that a pen’. Bonkers.
I'm sorry but that argument is crap.

The VAR guy has loads of camera angles to review from, lots of technology to use etc

He has a far better chance of making the correct decision compared to an on the field ref.

The problem with VAR is it isn't being used correctly. They are using it to defend the actions of the Ref instead of using it without bias and correcting bad mistakes consistently.

Look at that firmino offside, lines man got it wrong, reply clearly shows him onside, so what happens? They corruptly start doing dodgy lines a few times to make it look like he is offside and protect the lines man's decision.

Same with the Ali hand ball, clear hand ball, yet someone they make up some bull crap to protect the ref and his decision.

It's blatantly corrupt to protect the refs and linesmen.

Just watched extended highlights and my decision to no longer pay to watch the EPL garnered irrefutable vindication.
...the game is bent as all buggery...and I aint feeding that bent beast.

yeah protecting his head from the ball that he was jumping up to head. The buffoons are being deliberately controversial and talking wham in the process. That was as blatant a handball as Anders Limpars was in the Wimbledon game.

You’re right , they’re trying to keep the drama going by trying to contradict each other and it looks scripted and gives keys his chance to come up with his “ this perfectly highlights the problem for me line” the only thing that’s gives me some doubt to it being scripted is that Pardew is a massive bell and has been talking crap for years, so if anyone thinks that hes protecting his head, then it would be him. What the F is he talking about 1980 for? If he asked me would I have got that as a pen in 1980 I would have said no, but then I would also point out that the keeper couldn’t pick the ball up then and a player being offside on the other side of the pitch from the play was still offside . He’s literally talking about rules from 40 years ago

They will interpret the rules to suit the decision. Ali marking mina is a mismatch so Ali has to go with his arm up so high a Stonewall penalty and exactly what var was brought in for .but we will roll over again and get our belly tickled and no one will put up any criticism of the last couple of league games
You're dead right there, that's exactly what the officials are doing, re-interpreting the rules to cover their decision.
I didn't think they would dare to flick it up as badly as they are doing at the minute.

Last edited:
*just after server problems

Oh hello welcome back GOT .... had problems? How am I supposed to get out of bed in the morning without my daily fume read?

Went the game yesterday but was unclear on every decision Var made during game, but watching Match of the day just Son clearly threw him self on the floor when challenged by Mina, I initially thought Richarlison was tackled but replay clearly showed that Sanchez didn’t get near the ball and took him out, the handball was night and day. Clear penalty. Both them referees need striking off. Lastly Son may not of meant to cause the harm with his challenge but he had no intention of taking the ball he was nowhere near it. If he wouldn’t have been so reckless then the incident would have been avoided. Totally different to the Rondon challenge with McCarthy a couple of seasons back. He may avoid a 3 game ban. We have potentially lost a key player indefinitely. Hope Andre recovers and gets back to full fitness.

Honestly now. I’m 42 years of age. Close all
The grounds, stop ticket sales and charge everyone £30 a game to watch it on tele because all we do now is watch a big screen for decisions anyway. And we’d be warm

game can’t get into any rhythm! It’s pathetic. The good old days of was it wasn’t it added to going the game. Goal stood but was offside, some you get some you don’t. That’s life. There’s nothing enjoyable about VAR. we’re getting more like American Football with timeouts

Status
Not open for further replies.