Everton and VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pro VAR. Please do not blame VAR guys. It is an instant replay viewed from all angles in slow motion, not rocket science.

I have long suspected corruption in football, not just because of dodgy decisions but simply on account of the amount of money involved.

At least if we have VAR this corruption will be exposed to us, the fans and viewers, and there will be no excuse or hiding place for corrupt officials who are seeking to guide and manipulate the premiership narrative in the manner they desire.

There is no earthly way that a person watching that call today in slow motion could have come to any other conclusion than that it was NOT a penalty.

We get rid of VAR, and we go back to how it was before, and not only is the corrupt status quo maintained but also their plausible deniability, and all we do is hand them back a perfect excuse for making these corrupt decisions.

I don't think there is any real reason to even watch football anymore as it isn't just Everton. Week in week out these ridiculous decisions are being made, as officials in the ref's ear, selectively pick and choose which way they would like a decision to go...
its not corrupt, its useless

It was okay up to the pen, we were in control creating more opportunities than they were. The VAR decision was disgrace from a useless unnecessary system changed the game completely, too suggest otherwise is complete nonsense

Ok so you’re content with Silva for the time being then? After that performance?

Just an unfortunate result, 100% due to the VAR?. Let’s just ignore the 16 minutes of Football that happened after it where we did sod all and folded like a cheap suit.

We should rejoice one thing and that is that for once, we are universally seen as being hard done by. Listening to Five Live and that's a all they've spoken about since giving the results.
Then back to form they slaughtered us for throwing in the towel to lose late on.

It's a soft one but I would be fuming if it was not given for us while VAR checked
But that’s the thing, it wasn’t sent to VAR by the ref.

The VAR official PROACTIVELY overruled the referee - THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE - as an example of the ref making a “clear and obvious mistake”.

Last edited:

super reasonable 'evertonian' keiran from his ivory tower, he really isn't bothered you know lads, just takes it in his stride

It’s ‘unreasonable’ to suggest that the defeat is due to a poor performance.

It’s ‘reasonable’ to state categorically that VAR was the reason we lost the game.

Walken ‘logic’.

Ok so you’re content with Silva for the time being then? After that performance?

Just an unfortunate result, 100% due to the VAR?. Let’s just ignore the 16 minutes of Football that happened after it where we did sod all and folded like a cheap suit.
you don't have to choose one or the other you clueless beaut, you can be unsatisfied with the performance after the incident and still angry with the nonsense VAR churns out

It's a soft one but I would be fuming if it was not given for us while VAR checked

I wouldn't, because it wasn't a penalty, if Richarlason had rolled round like Connelly did then people would be shouting 'get up FFS'

Now that decision has gone against us I fully expect us to be getting pens left right and centre now when Richarlason is stood on by mistake, I won't hold my 'kin breath

You cant claim that. The game was on a knife edge, we'd played OK up till the VAR decision but we weren't home and dry by any standard.

he can.

We were comfortable, they had one shot on target all game which was Pickford's massive blunder.

They have been gifted a penalty that isn't a penalty. Why wasnt Richarlison's even checked even though he was rugby tackled?

We were comfortable. We needed another but you should be expecting VAR to get something that blatently obvious correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.