Everton and VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all the same, just more hard luck tears...25 years I've been listening to it but the fact is we've rarely been good enough to not have to rely on calls and that's the biggest problem. Yet it's funny when it happens to others, eh?
just frustrates me, I thought var would cut out the nonsense and make decisions correct thought the days of clattenberg esque refereeing would be behind us.especially when days like today we were good enough not to rely on calls and when the call needs to be made its a wrong one. with no body held to account the refs just walk off the pitch and var officials switch off the tv and all go on their merry way while these decisions are costing clubs dearly.

The problem with VAR is that the clowns running it are the reason we needed it in the first place.
Loads of people can say with certainty can say if it was a goal - you just need to watch the replay. He isn't clearly obstructing de Gea's view, so its a goal. What Moss saw I cannot say.

I completely agree, but the text in the rules allows them to bottle it every time. Needs to be written down, so much better and clearer.

Wrong again. There’s actually a monitor by the pitch that can be used so he can form his own opinion and is widely used in other leagues around the world. You’re not very good at this are you?

Why use the monitor when he's got another ref sat off watching it on multiple angles telling him the correct decision

I do wonder if the answer to any corruption is just to give in and allow those two clubs they want into champions league each season. They get in most years anyway and they are literally the only two that they care about, as shown by the fact they're even going after City.

Remove all need for corruption and make it competitive for the other places - it's a mess anyway with 5th getting "Champions" league.

Just let them get on with it and push them towards their precious super league - it'll never change otherwise

Why use the monitor when he's got another ref sat off watching it on multiple angles telling him the correct decision
Because it’s the game he himself is officiating, he can see the angles there himself and with the bad press around VAR and numerous admitted mistakes it’s likely best practice to utilise both?

The ref officiating the game ( the one on the pitch) needs to use the monitors he has available to him and make the final decision. Everywhere else refs go to the touch line, our refs are lazy.

Because it’s the game he himself is officiating, he can see the angles there himself and with the bad press around VAR and numerous admitted mistakes it’s likely best practice to utilise both?

Waste of time, He goes to the screen he's still got Moss in his ear telling him his opinion on the matter, 100% it's the same outcome

I personally cant wait for this European Super League to happen so that hopefully the pure corruption in our league can vanish and the rich teams can go and be rich else where. We'll never be allowed to become United or Liverpool, whether its decisions like today or financial fair play. The system is designed to keep teams like us in our place.

Status
Not open for further replies.