Homepage Update: Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with the £75m fee. I was sure we wanted £100m, forget about the £10m for Rooney no way did/do we need to pay that in the first place United wanted him of the books to free wage space.

Bit of a climb down on our behalf but still way more than he is worth.

Not a climb down at all.

Even a United-briefed journo (Dom Field in the Guardian) now reporting the £100m.

This is a world record deal.

Cant see United wanting Pogba to lose his World Record fee tag, hes much more marketable than Lukaku.

Who knows, are United still listed? If so they would have to declare the fee, guess we find out then.

I'm pretty sure they won't have to declare add ons even if they are still listed..

Either way, we all know it'll be undisclosed.

But we've played a blinder.

It's a shame we have sold him, like, but it was inevitable. We're going to reinvest all of the money - probably more - and hopefully we'll be equally as strong at least.

In the mean time, our dealings so far (including Rooney) have given us breathing room heading into pre-season.

if this is going to be a world record fee we've played this utterly stunningly. Jesus, we laughed at how much we got for stones, this deal is worth double!!!!

Defo. I think Moshiri has played a blinder here and when it's announced, Everton will announce its a world record deal, or Moshiri will through Jim White

Its great if you are making money out of it, not so great if you paying to watch a weakened side
Great to see who we bring in repace those goals

He will suit utd more than Chelsea. Ibra pretty much did what he wanted up front so lukaku can take over where he left off. Him replacing Costa and his pressing on the otherhand wouldn't suit him imo. If true we are getting 90 mill cash and Rooney released to us I think it's a fantastic deal. I would prefer he go to Chelsea personally as I think he'd have more of a detrimental effect on them, they would struggle with the high press with him up front. Can't turn down the offer from utd though for let's face it, a young, premier league goalscorer but who definitely has his limitations.
I didn't want him to go to United because they have a much better chance at top 4 with him. Chelsea would have stayed status quo (first place). All of that aside, this is a good deal for us and hopefully the Rooney wages are taken care of properly as to not upset the wage structure in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.