Homepage Update: Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
World record deal. Everton selling their best player.

Firstly he is not our best player. Most valuable certainly. However you could argue that our club is in very rude health considering the sale of Stones etc...and our clubs ability to produce and sign players that are coveted by other teams. We are the best without doubt there and it looks like there is more to come. I consider that a successful policy. Can we maintain a policy of selling prospects, who deliver and then re-investing into the first team. Will we be eventually in a position were we don't have to? I'd like to think so. It's a gambling policy for sure, but a whole lot better than Moyes running on a budget of 3 million a year compared with expenditure now. We're rebuilding ourselves here, it's going to take time. Losing Lukaku is a blow for sure, but I think we're gonna be grand without him.

Firstly he is not our best player. Most valuable certainly. However you could argue that our club is in very rude health considering the sale of Stones etc...and our clubs ability to produce and sign players that are coveted by other teams. We are the best without doubt there and it looks like there is more to come. I consider that a successful policy. Can we maintain a policy of selling prospects, who deliver and then re-investing into the first team. Will we be eventually in a position were we don't have to? I'd like to think so. It's a gambling policy for sure, but a whole lot better than Moyes running on a budget of 3 million a year compared with expenditure now. We're rebuilding ourselves here, it's going to take time. Losing Lukaku is a blow for sure, but I think we're gonna be grand without him.

I think we're getting close to that point of being able to keep them. I believe if a striker of Lukaku's quality were to join the squad we assembled right now, we'd be seriously challenging for Top 4 and in a few years would be a much better attraction.

They can say Wayne Rooney is valued at £10 million and try to claim the deal for Lukaku is worth £100 million but let's face it, ManU would rip up Rooney's contract and let him go on a free if they could.

That being said, if the £15 million in add-ons can be reasonably achieved, this sounds like a great deal for Everton. We got many good years from Lukaku and absolutely maxed out his value in the transfer market. Now we'll have a good "team" and can stop worrying about what Lukaku will do when on international breaks.
I don't think Man Utd could just let Rooney go on a free unless he agreed because the contract is between them and ending it early they would owe him 1 years wages plus he has an option for a second year so that's 2 years wages total.

No we don't. Manyoo will be incredibly strong next season because we have let them get stronger.

They are building a very strong side, let's not bury our heads in the sand.
If he's replacing Ibrahimovich then I don't see how you can say they will be stronger. He's not as good as Ibrahimovich.

If he's replacing Ibrahimovich then I don't see how you can say they will be stronger. He's not as good as Ibrahimovich.

Maybe not but he's more clinical. Ibra missed 18 clear cut chances last season most in Europe.

Was ridiculous especially vs smaller sides at home.

I suspect we'll stoll target a DM and a winger + 10.

Likely xi come September

De Gea
Valencia Bailly Lindelof shaw
Dier. Pogba
Mkhitaryan James Rodriguez Douglas Costa
Lukaku

Based on recent reports.

75m great deal. Everyone seems pleased, hope you guys have a good season.
I agree that's a good deal. So picture our surprise when your fine team went and gave us £100m. Just feel like laughing over and over again. Can't wait to see how he gets on in all the 'big games' United have lined up for him this year

I agree that's a good deal. So picture our surprise when your fine team went and gave us £100m. Just feel like laughing over and over again. Can't wait to see how he gets on in all the 'big games' United have lined up for him this year
In fact, this is the polar opposite to how I felt 13 years ago, I knew we'd been taken to the cleaners. So weird that he's coming back in the same deal

Status
Not open for further replies.