Homepage Update: Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
75m is big money, but we should be looking for much more. If they want him, demand 90m up front and they can take it or leave it. If they leave it, Chelsea will take it.

Lukakus agent is horrible, dont forget he will also be trying to screw Chelsea as well as Everton, 75m is opening bid

First time poster here, hello all.

I think Rooney is massively underrated. While he doesn't have that burst of pace any longer, he is so much more than that. I think Rooney back in blue will be massive. Experience, leadership, goals, adaptability.

I do think it is a strange move given our buying strategy of targeting youthful talent so far this summer, so I wouldn't be surprised if this move is driven, in part, by the new commercial savviness at the club.

Welcome mate.

Hope you're right on Rooney - personally hoping he's not seen as a replacement for Barkley.

Can the people moaning about us not getting 100m please provide proof that the club actually put that valuation on him. Thanks.

Should we sell to a rival? No
Should we consider less than 100m in this market? No
Do we need to sell? No (two years left)

Unless of course the club need the money to counter act all the spending that's just happened. Funny how as soon as we spend loads and come out with "statement of intent" days later it looks like we are about to sell our best player.

Not calling Rom a Judas here.
I'm saying his lack of respect for our club has made him moving on far easier to swallow.

Read the posts on here, loads of blues aren't arsed anymore about our best striker in a generation leaving.
And that is very odd.
Give it 6 months. I'm going to miss him for his goals.

Always exceptions, but let's call a spade a spade.

As a rule, Man Utd take what we want to keep, and Everton take what they want rid of.

Feeder: Rooney, Moyes, Fellaini, Lukaku.
Retirement: Howard, Neville, Gibson, Saha, Schneiderlin, Cleverley,

This won't change until we "do a Spurs" and climb into that top four.

A reminder my point was in response to this;

As is, we're the best of the rest, and the best can cherry pick our talent. Granted, we're in a position to look like we'll put up a good fight but the end result is always the same. The player forces a move. We even see it with academy lads.
err....

Status
Not open for further replies.