Homepage Update: Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how true that is. Liverpool bringing back Fowler, Atletico bringing back Torres, Chelsea holding onto Terry for too long, Chelsea bringing back Drogba...

There's always space for experience in people's squads, especially experienced winners like Rooney. Calling us a feeder club to United is unfair in my opinion, we certainly were at one particular time but we only sell players on our terms now, even players who are desperate to leave like Stones and now Lukaku.
The difference is those players were legends at their clubs.

Rooney is a Utd legend. He really only played a handful of games for us.

That said. I want him back. He can still be useful.

75m is big money, but we should be looking for much more. If they want him, demand 90m up front and they can take it or leave it. If they leave it, Chelsea will take it.

eddy said:
Oh dear, I am aware of the term deflection old boy, I was asking you to explain how I had employed deflection, as claimed by yourself?
I am guessing you cannot ..............

Try your breathing thing.

Oh dear, looks like I was right doesn`t it ................

Go stalk someone who cares.

No offence taken mate but as far as I'm concerned I did answer your post. Not signing a new contract and quotes like staying at Everton "not being an option" is enough evidence for me to say he doesn't want to be here next season. It's hypothetical because I think this will be sorted shortly, but if this saga did drag on I'm pretty certain that Lukaku would have put in a transfer request rather than stay.

I don't really have a problem with that as he's ambitious and, in his mind, has outgrown Everton. Maybe he has, but he certainly isn't the finished article yet either. But I believe you're wrong if you think he'd quite happily stay here another season if his dream move didn't happen.
Sorry I think you're missing the point of what I'm saying.

I'm saying if Chelsea and united weren't in for him he would be happy here but he knew they were. If they didn't bid for him there would be no point in him putting in a transfer request because he wouldn't get the move he's after. He doesn't just want out of Everton, he wants a particular move, and he's been aware for some months that he was going to get it.

I dont think many will agree with you on that. The club themselves are valuing Lukaku at £100M.

Coutinho was valued at £90M by LFC the other day.

It's brinkmanship. Plain and simple.

If they said "we want £75m for Lukaku" - the bidding would start at £50m. So, on reflection, I don't believe many on here truly believed we would ever really get £100m, Dave. It's an obscene amount of money.

I'm not sure how true that is. Liverpool bringing back Fowler, Atletico bringing back Torres, Chelsea holding onto Terry for too long, Chelsea bringing back Drogba...

There's always space for experience in people's squads, especially experienced winners like Rooney. Calling us a feeder club to United is unfair in my opinion, we certainly were at one particular time but we only sell players on our terms now, even players who are desperate to leave like Stones and now Lukaku.

Always exceptions, but let's call a spade a spade.

As a rule, Man Utd take what we want to keep, and Everton take what they want rid of.

Feeder: Rooney, Moyes, Fellaini, Lukaku.
Retirement: Howard, Neville, Gibson, Saha, Schneiderlin, Cleverley,

This won't change until we "do a Spurs" and climb into that top four.

A reminder my point was in response to this;

Straight cash for Rom. No Rooney as part of any deal please.

No point getting rid of tomorrows player and bring in yesterdays.

This will be a true indication of progress.

The elite clubs don't have room for sentiment either, as soon as a player's best days are behind him they go looking again.

As is, whether we like it or not we're still a feeder club, and retirement home for Man Utd.

A few years ago we were on a par with Spurs, they've went to another level where the thought of Man Utd signing Kane is laughed at. Hopefully under Moshiri we can do similar/champions league.

Miles off yet like but definitely going in the right direction.

As is, we're the best of the rest, and the best can cherry pick our talent. Granted, we're in a position to look like we'll put up a good fight but the end result is always the same. The player forces a move. We even see it with academy lads.

We love to breed a good old JUDAS don't we?

If Spurs' previous three seasons, they'd finished bottom half twice and 7th and Man Utd come calling - he may act a bit differently.

As is, he's playing Champions League football.

The point remains, until we seriously compete, until we're in the champions league - our better players will rock the boat and look to move. Even Ross Barkley is doing it with Koeman citing his ambition to play in the champions league.
Not calling Rom a Judas here.
I'm saying his lack of respect for our club has made him moving on far easier to swallow.

Read the posts on here, loads of blues aren't arsed anymore about our best striker in a generation leaving.
And that is very odd.

The difference is those players were legends at their clubs.

Rooney is a Utd legend. He really only played a handful of games for us.

That said. I want him back. He can still be useful.
The only thing Rooney can be useful at is finishing the other players' pre-match meals.

I think he'll go to Chelsea, if he does not, can you imagine the consequences at Chelsea? It is hard to believe that big clubs like Chelsea and Man Utd are so badly managed that they leave their transfer business to the week before their pre-season starts.

There are arguments for clubs live EFC of old, or Spurs etc who are money oriented to leave it late and try and pick bargains up off the big clubs, but clubs going for trophies should know exactly what they are doing and who they want, and go out and get them.

Utd lurch from one target to another. No wonder last season they paid an agent tens of millions to do the deals for them.

First time poster here, hello all.

I think Rooney is massively underrated. While he doesn't have that burst of pace any longer, he is so much more than that. I think Rooney back in blue will be massive. Experience, leadership, goals, adaptability.

I do think it is a strange move given our buying strategy of targeting youthful talent so far this summer, so I wouldn't be surprised if this move is driven, in part, by the new commercial savviness at the club.

Normally I'd be more disappointed to lose a 25 goal striker but meh. Shame to sell him to a rival club though.

Status
Not open for further replies.