Homepage Update: Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed penalty in the Semi - baines should have had it.
I was only answering a direct question.He's the best striker we've had for a very long time,no good trying to rewrite history now he's leaving.In saying that I'm looking forwards to a central striker that can hold the ball up (on a regular basis) and who can win headers while being challenged.

I wasn't criticising you, simply pointing out that I wouldn't really say he was/is/will be unhappy to be here.

No offence but your post doesn't really challenge what I said at all. Would he rather be at United? Absolutely. Does that mean we can say definitively that he doesn't want to be here? Absolutely not. That's why I used the examples of other players, they don't really want to be here either, we're just the best option they've got. We weren't the best option Lukaku had, and he knew it. He didn't turn down the contract and speak to the press to engineer a move, he did it because he already knew the wheels were in motion. We'd told him he could leave and he knew teams wanted him so a deal would be done. Had that not been the case, I have no doubt he'd have gone out this season and performed exactly he has over the past 4, when he didn't really want to be here either.
No offence taken mate but as far as I'm concerned I did answer your post. Not signing a new contract and quotes like staying at Everton "not being an option" is enough evidence for me to say he doesn't want to be here next season. It's hypothetical because I think this will be sorted shortly, but if this saga did drag on I'm pretty certain that Lukaku would have put in a transfer request rather than stay.

I don't really have a problem with that as he's ambitious and, in his mind, has outgrown Everton. Maybe he has, but he certainly isn't the finished article yet either. But I believe you're wrong if you think he'd quite happily stay here another season if his dream move didn't happen.

Where did the £100M figure come from anyway, Everton, the papers, people's imaginations, EA FIFA 2017? It doesn't matter what number you dream up, the true valuation of anything is the hard cash placed on the table. If, as according to "reports" Conte wants Lukaku at any price, where is his £100M ? If this is the best we are going to get, then we accept it. So far, it is still all speculation until the contract is signed and the true numbers are released. In the meantime.... put the kettle on. :coffee:

Where did the £100M figure come from anyway, Everton, the papers, people's imaginations, EA FIFA 2017? It doesn't matter what number you dream up, the true valuation of anything is the hard cash placed on the table. If, as according to "reports" Conte wants Lukaku at any price, where is his £100M ? If this is the best we are going to get, then we accept it. So far, it is still all speculation until the contract is signed and the true numbers are released. In the meantime.... put the kettle on. :coffee:

Think he's way cheaper on FIFA.

This will be a true indication of progress.

The elite clubs don't have room for sentiment either, as soon as a player's best days are behind him they go looking again.

As is, whether we like it or not we're still a feeder club, and retirement home for Man Utd.

A few years ago we were on a par with Spurs, they've went to another level where the thought of Man Utd signing Kane is laughed at. Hopefully under Moshiri we can do similar/champions league.

Miles off yet like but definitely going in the right direction.

I'm not sure how true that is. Liverpool bringing back Fowler, Atletico bringing back Torres, Chelsea holding onto Terry for too long, Chelsea bringing back Drogba...

There's always space for experience in people's squads, especially experienced winners like Rooney. Calling us a feeder club to United is unfair in my opinion, we certainly were at one particular time but we only sell players on our terms now, even players who are desperate to leave like Stones and now Lukaku.

I think that figure has come from the media and fans. Personally that's the figure I'd want us to hit considering Pogba went for around a similar mark. We don't need to sell so we should be pushing for a huge fee

Most of you all happy he's gone. I fail to understand y'all :Blink:

Couldn't say I'm happy, but even though he's bagged a lot of goals for us ive personally never taken to him. Don't mind his arrogance, think the absolute top players need that in their make-up to become the best... Just can't say I've ever REALLY liked him.
...it's a bit like supporting Andy Murray at Wimbledon. He's a Brit so therefore supposed to support him... doesn't mean I take to him and like him!

GrandOldTeam submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku
lukaku20-1024x426.png

Everton have agreed a fee believed to be in the region of £75m with Manchester United for Romelu Lukaku b

The 24-year-old Belgium international scored 25 Premier League goals last season.

The move for Lukaku is not connected to talks aimed at taking United forward Wayne Rooney to Everton.

More to follow.
51 pages in three and a half hours. What's the record for the most posts on a single thread in 1 day? Do you know?

Presumably it will be a last day of a window in a transfer thread.

Try your breathing thing.

eddy said:
Oh dear, I am aware of the term deflection old boy, I was asking you to explain how I had employed deflection, as claimed by yourself?
I am guessing you cannot ..............

Try your breathing thing.

Oh dear, looks like I was right doesn`t it ................

Kane would never show such a lack of respect for Spurs as Rom has for us.

We love to breed a good old JUDAS don't we?

If Spurs' previous three seasons, they'd finished bottom half twice and 7th and Man Utd come calling - he may act a bit differently.

As is, he's playing Champions League football.

The point remains, until we seriously compete, until we're in the champions league - our better players will rock the boat and look to move. Even Ross Barkley is doing it with Koeman citing his ambition to play in the champions league.

Status
Not open for further replies.