Votes: 76 21.7%
  • Deulofeu

Votes: 181 51.6%
  • Lukaku

Votes: 40 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really liked how we moved the ball around a bit faster and also got players into the box. Best we have played in quite some time.

Keowns comment on motd that it was if Everton were having there own competition to see who is the best player , that just about sums it up for me . When the lads are playing with confidence and tempo they really can be a joy to behold . Looking at the next 7 or 8 games there really is not one side in there we can't inflict similar atrocities upon - Starting to get a bit excited about what we can potentially be . Del mom with all others snapping at his heels

6e9146efb8487faff07a36dc41f68bfa.gif

Koh e Noor in form of Barkley.

Patience, passing, precision, poise... the only P missing (Deulofeu apart) was (real) pace.

It's incredibly difficult and picky to find anything to criticise about another four goal margin victory yesterday, but I honestly feel that if we'd played with even 10% extra pace, the margin of victory against both Slumberland and Aston Vanilla could have been doubled.

Don't get me wrong, if we win by four next time out, I'll be deliriously happy, but I want to see an even greater 'killer' instinct from us.

El Bob got just about everything right yesterday, and Villa were woeful, but - and call me greedy if you like - we could and should have scored a lot more... and had we done so, teams would really start to fear us.

And playing at a quicker pace, with better all-round tempo would surely help generate a better atmosphere - cos sadly, for long periods yesterday, GP was akin to the library the Villa fans annoying sang about inside the first five minutes.

Nigh on impossible to call yesterday. Scintillating performances from some, cool calm and collected from the rest. So many components that allow pure game. Stones confidence and ability brings the midfield breathing space, Funes Mori gives him that capacity, McCarthy and Barry vitally protect them, that foundation allows our superb attacking football to open up.
Deulofeu by a whisker, he was a joy to watch, but a fantastic performance across the park.

Really enjoyed the match despite Villa not turning up. 4-0 looks all well and good but just need to try and transcend these performances against bottom teams to beat the big boys more consistently. Also barring injuries to Jags & Baines I think we have a definitive "best" XI for the first time in a number of seasons.

Barkley and Rom both stake a huge claim but it's delboy for me. Didn't actually score or get an assist but he did everything!

We are boss

Status
Not open for further replies.