Match Thread Everton 3-1 Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet you love been here if everton have beat your palace dont you mate lol, how did the palace fans on whatever palace website you use see the game mate,do they think like Roy said etc
To be honest, I’ve never minded. The great thing about GoT is the sense of realism. Anyhow, it’s an Everton forum, people are going to be pleased with the win, and why not? Our forums are the usual hotbed of name calling and disagreement as to whether things are just dandy or we are utterly, utterly doomed. So, no change really.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed yesterday's game.

Not too sure if everyone was expecting us to steam roller Palace, they are a decent side just not picking up results atm.

First 15 minutes it was even, then I thought we took control of the game. They came back into it and the last 10 minutes of the 1st half was a proper good scrap I thought.

2nd half they had a great 10 minute spell and deservedly equalised. We scored a peach of a goal, Carlo brought Davies on and changed formation and I thought we looked dangerous every time we crossed the half way line. Palace still looked a threat but apart from Pickford wonder save I thought we managed the game spot on.

Great win, some solid performances, some not so solid performances but finally the front players are winning us games.

Once Gomes is back that will leave Morgan, Gylfi, Davies and Delph all vying to be his partner.

A fit Gomes improves us tenfold in the middle of the park compared to what we've put up with. I actually thought Gylfi did okay yesterday compared to other games but I'd still only give it a 5/6 out of 10. He just doesn't look comfortable as a centre mid.

I really enjoyed yesterday's game.

Not too sure if everyone was expecting us to steam roller Palace, they are a decent side just not picking up results atm.

First 15 minutes it was even, then I thought we took control of the game. They came back into it and the last 10 minutes of the 1st half was a proper good scrap I thought.

2nd half they had a great 10 minute spell and deservedly equalised. We scored a peach of a goal, Carlo brought Davies on and changed formation and I thought we looked dangerous every time we crossed the half way line. Palace still looked a threat but apart from Pickford wonder save I thought we managed the game spot on.

Great win, some solid performances, some not so solid performances but finally the front players are winning us games.

Once Gomes is back that will leave Morgan, Gylfi, Davies and Delph all vying to be his partner.

A fit Gomes improves us tenfold in the middle of the park compared to what we've put up with. I actually thought Gylfi did okay yesterday compared to other games but I'd still only give it a 5/6 out of 10. He just doesn't look comfortable as a centre mid.

First half was okay. Enough of the ball, really good goal, could have had a second with a little bit more luck soon after.

Second half was abysmal. Nobody able to pass a ball, nothing sticking up top, midfield being overrun. We concede a disgusting goal, somehow go up the other end and score.

Then Carlo knows that we aren't going to suddenly start playing well and taking the game to them, so brings on another midfielder, packs hte middle. All of a sudden we look 10x better defensively, and look to counter.

This is what happens when you don't play well, but have strikers who are in form. Things go against you, passes are awful, no cohesian. This is the difference, we are not making 5 chances and missing loads, if we're playing bad we are still making a couple of chances in the game. Most importantly we are taking them.

Bernard - goal.
Bernard cutback for DCL who is inches away from heading home.
Richarlison - goal
Siggurdsson - very unlucky not to score, did excellent to fashion the chance and perhaps a more in-form siggy bangs it in.
Richy header dcl tap in - goal
dcl open net from rebound

This is while not playing well.

Hiya lads.

You know on another day this could have been a different result.

They hit the post at 0-0 with Pickford beaten.
They hit the bar at 1-1 and we score not long after.
At 2-1 Pickford makes an instinctive vital save which many of you reckon he doesn't do anymore.

We never controlled the game until we got the 3rd, then we looked really good!

Now many of you didn't like the team selection, yet by hook or by crook it got the job done.
I thought the general quality of football played by Palace was better than the general quality of football played by Everton.
The finishing of Richy and Bernie were high quality and they are what separated us.
It was a good game for Carlo to judge and evaluate players and see how some of those players fit into a team.

The rest of the season will be a bit hit and miss I expect.
To go from relegation zone to European contenders in two months says much about the quality of the Prem.
It is as poor as it has ever been.

Get to May without too many shockers and let Carlo weave his magic.
Played lads.
Have a good Sunday :)

did you think so ? I thought things got a bit fractious at 1-1 and I was worried that it might even make its way to the players but the superb second swung it our way and everything settled down and the crowd got straight back behind them again.

voted for Richarlison for mom but it’s probably only the goal that edged our Schneiderlin who put another shift in .
When we entered self destruct mode the crowd made their feelings very well known and I think it made them get a grip of themselves a little bit.

Hiya lads.

You know on another day this could have been a different result.

They hit the post at 0-0 with Pickford beaten.
They hit the bar at 1-1 and we score not long after.
At 2-1 Pickford makes an instinctive vital save which many of you reckon he doesn't do anymore.

It hit the post, didn't look like Pickford was beaten at all.

If you want to play the hypothetical game. We should have gone 2 up soon after scoring the first. Easy to say this that and the other. On another day Pickford doesnt gift them a goal.

When we entered self destruct mode the crowd made their feelings very well known and I think it made them get a grip of themselves a little bit.

Do you ? I love a rant and a kick off with the best of them but I honestly thought it was well over the top but for that bit of brilliance from the two up front I think we were falling apart rather than getting a grip . Players passing to blue shirts were getting criticised . Talking about it a lot after I can’t remember the crowd being like this throughout all the rubbish we’ve watched for years , odd that it seems to be here now can only assume it’s a culmination of disappointment.

we clearly come at it from different directions, I do think that at 2-1 the crowd helped a lot and although not the best watch it was a really useful win .

It hit the post, didn't look like Pickford was beaten at all.

If you want to play the hypothetical game. We should have gone 2 up soon after scoring the first. Easy to say this that and the other. On another day Pickford doesnt gift them a goal.

I don’t disagree with that although it did feel like a goal was coming at that stage . Before HT I thought we’d win comfortably But second half felt like they were more likely to score and we didn’t seem at the races for a bit .

I think the negative atmosphere for the first hour was due to disappointment at the poor quality of our football, except for the goal. After a break from games and time to train together, I think we expected better as we were surprisingly poor in the first half apart from the goal and even worse after the break. Maybe Palace deserved some credit for being all over us for a period. Richarlison's superb goal out of the blue brought the crowd back onside. The critical atmosphere turned to encouragement. By the end of the game the crowd mood had totally changed. Went home happy.

Some of the comments on here after Palace scored were frankly embarrassing. People say our players have a weak mentality. Some of you need to have a word with yourselves.

Mate tbf we were absolutely garbage from like 30 mins to about 70/75. We didn’t actually get a grip of the game until Davies came on and we had 3 CMs. I can understand people getting frustrated because it had all the hallmarks of a standard bottle job by Everton. Fortunately we have a game changer in Richarlison and a manager who’s won the lot and knows how swing a game back in his favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.