Match Thread Everton 3-1 Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good result and win but a patchy performance at times we couldn't control possession. But the main thing is the result at the moment three good goals and momentum.

Couldn't understand Sidibe going on for Walcott, I thought he kept getting Coleman into trouble. Coleman was looking for an out ball and Sidibe wasn't on.
I know DCL scored but I am not convinced he is the answer, when Davies played him in he never looked like scoring plus the sitter he put over the bar. Don't think he is clinical enough. He looks as if he needs 3 or 4 chances to get one, against good teams he isn't going to get a couple of chances before he gets his eye in. I accept he is the best we have at the moment.
Final comment, what a poor referee plus assistants.
Not sure we have many other options on the right, can Iwobi play there? 442 has positives in that it gets our dangerous players into scoring positions but yes at times we are dominated in the middle. It improved slightly when Carlo brought Davies on and went to a 451 it's reassuring to know he recognised the issue.

That's looking at things solely through blue tinted glasses though.
Injury time goals we score are misfortune but ones we score are expected.

But the way you're looking at it is, it's ok we lose a home game aslong as we then win an away game a week later as it makes up for the home defeat.

But the way you're looking at it is, it's ok we lose a home game aslong as we then win an away game a week later as it makes up for the home defeat.
That it not what I said at all. First of all we did not lose the Newcastle game
You said If we beat Newcastle we would be in a better position. Correct.
But we also were very lucky to win late against Watford.
4 points from them 2 games was what we deserved no matter what way we got them.

22 points from last 33 is some going for us considering we were 18th with 14 points from 15 games with 4 wins, 2 draws,9 defeats,scored 16/con 27 up to chelsea
--now we have 10 wins,6 draws,10 defeats scored 34 /con 38 and sit 7th only 1 point off 5th or 5 points off 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.