Everton 0-0 Tottenham

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are able to stop out only attack right now, Baines and Peanut, then I don't think we'll have that many chances on goal. That being said we'll win 2-1 with goals by Cahill and Jo for us and Modric by them.

If they are able to stop out only attack right now, Baines and Peanut, then I don't think we'll have that many chances on goal. That being said we'll win 2-1 with goals by Cahill and Jo for us and Modric by them.

If they can stop the threat of Pienaar and Baines down the left, then Fellaini and Cahill would capitalize. Jo will continue his scoring spree at Goodison against a Tottenham side with little to play for.

There was a time in the recent past, when Everton could not register a win against spurs for Toffee (no pun intended), and players such as Armstrong, Ferdinand and others would usually score the only goal to beat us, this was more prominent at Goodison than in trips to North London.

I remember years ago being at White Hart Lane, and after Rideout and Cottee has scored to look like a win away, the sods scored twice late on including a winner in what was like four minutes of added time, the name Caskey or Turner rings bells many years on, but we never (or hardly) beat them home or away until just recently.

It's three wins in North London now, unthinkable just five years ago, and now the return on home turf we have to be favorites for the weekend game.

Not a big fan of the Spurs, so I will go for a 1-0 home success.

The away side has won the last 5 times we've played Spurs IIRC. I think we'll halt that this weekend. A score draw. Spurs are a really good team, I'm worried about them for next year.

While im here.....:)

This match does appear to have draw written all over it. You always turn us over at our place & we seem to do ok at Goodison in recent seasons.

I cant see us winning but am reluctant to say we will lose!

1-1

P.S, nice to see a forum where the Mighty Spurs aren't being totally ****ged off....we seem to have become the Millwall of the Premiership lol....will be even worse when Newcastle get relegated.

This match does appear to have draw written all over it. You always turn us over at our place & we seem to do ok at Goodison in recent seasons.

1-1

P.S, nice to see a forum where the Mighty Spurs aren't being totally ****ged off....we seem to have become the Millwall of the Premiership lol....will be even worse when Newcastle get relegated.

Speaking purely for myself here of course, but I don't really have a problem with Spurs. Obviously, I want Everton to finish above them, but I certainly don't hold them in the same contempt as Newcastle United an the RS.

I think most of the resentment for Spurs eminates from the perceived love the media has for them, personally i don't mind Spurs,i even enjoy seeing them beat Arsenal, but i cannot and will not hide my disdain for their baggy faced,wobbly headed manager.

1-1

Sorry mate, nothing against you, but i'm not a big fan of spurs. Every year your touted to break the top 4, you fail miserably and sack your manager. You throw stupid money at average players and wonder why your not in the top 5 every year and your fans constantly moan.

Had a chat with my mate whose a Spurs fan and his words not mine, "i would rather lose playing attractive football than win the league playing boring football winning 1-0 every week". I think that is the philosophy at Spurs and you harp back to your past too much, you need to build stability and stop moaning about Sugar and Levy and whoever else has ran you. As for you mate, keep posting, i enjoy it when rival fans come on ;)

Sorry mate, nothing against you, but i'm not a big fan of spurs. Every year your touted to break the top 4, you fail miserably and sack your manager. You throw stupid money at average players and wonder why your not in the top 5 every year and your fans constantly moan.

Had a chat with my mate whose a Spurs fan and his words not mine, "i would rather lose playing attractive football than win the league playing boring football winning 1-0 every week". I think that is the philosophy at Spurs and you harp back to your past too much, you need to build stability and stop moaning about Sugar and Levy and whoever else has ran you. As for you mate, keep posting, i enjoy it when rival fans come on

1) True to a degree, two 5th place finishes & missing out on 4th on the last day isn't really "failing miserably" but remember, it isn't the fans touting us to come in the top 4 it is the press. Personally, i want anyone to break into the SKY4, im bored of the same teams winning everything.

2) Like any club, their are fans like me & fans that never stop whinging.Im pretty sure you have your fair share. I tend to find the whingers are JCL's that have been taught everything they know by Sky.

3) As to your mate, i used to be like that, now i would take a top 4 finish with 1-0 wins all season if necessary.

1) True to a degree, two 5th place finishes & missing out on 4th on the last day isn't really "failing miserably" but remember, it isn't the fans touting us to come in the top 4 it is the press. Personally, i want anyone to break into the SKY4, im bored of the same teams winning everything.

2) Like any club, their are fans like me & fans that never stop whinging.Im pretty sure you have your fair share. I tend to find the whingers are JCL's that have been taught everything they know by Sky.

3) As to your mate, i used to be like that, now i would take a top 4 finish with 1-0 wins all season if necessary.

1) Maybe worded it wrong, yeh you did finish 5th twice, and that was to your credit, but in that third season you have a dodgy run and Jol was sacked, i think with time he could of done a lot of good for you.

2) Yeh we really do have a few moaners, just come on here when we lose a game, it's all doom and gloom mate. I agree that you are in the press a lot, which isn't your fault, maybe that is why your fans are perceived as big moaners.

I also agree, the sky4 needs to be broken, i suppose it's up to the likes of ourselves and spurs to do that. Your still a year or 2 off though yet lad. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.