Europa League 2014-15 ( incl. Ticket / Travel Info ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
depending on amount of tickets=so many set a side for thomas cook say 400 2 planes,the rest going to sth holders,shareholders and supporters clubs with away credits.depending where in europe we are playing depends on how easy it is to get a ticket.

I hope that we get a team from the Faroe Islands, it would provide the perfect excuse to visit.

I reckon it'll be just like normal away games. Credit to Everton I think all tickets are sold fairly and they have a good system going.

Agree there. Also noticed from the old link that was posted that they gave an extra point to people who actually travelled to Minsk for the Bate Borivov game as a lot had purchased tickets specifically for the credit and with no intention of going to Belarus.

I think we must have the fairest system around really apart from when they stagger the credits from 6 to 4 instead of 6 to 5, which would be a bit better. It's mostly usually the ones who don't deserve a ticket for an away that start moaning.

I estimate at the moment we could be ranked about 22nd of the 48 teams in the Group Stage (which we'd have to win one round to qualify for if Arsenal mess up the Cup Final). This is based on the approximate rankings of the teams in the various feeder competitions (CL 3QR losers, CL 4QR losers and Europa 4QR winners). The 48 teams will be put into 4 pots of 12. We may sneak into the 2nd pot but all this is heavily dependent on who qualifies in the first instance and who falls into the competition.

We should probably hope Sevilla loses the EL Final as a win will advance Spanish teams above our Coefficient - I think the Real/Atletico result is immaterial as one team winning is cancelled out by the other losing (though it is possible bonus points will screw us anyway!) - too complicated.

Last edited:

Agree there. Also noticed from the old link that was posted that they gave an extra point to people who actually travelled to Minsk for the Bate Borivov game as a lot had purchased tickets specifically for the credit and with no intention of going to Belarus.

I think we must have the fairest system around really apart from when they stagger the credits from 6 to 4 instead of 6 to 5, which would be a bit better. It's mostly usually the ones who don't deserve a ticket for an away that start moaning.
Have to disagree with you a bit, although admit I haven't worked out a better system. I live 5000 miles away but am still a STH. Obviously only make it a handful of games but can never get away tickets. Not sure that means I don't "deserve" a ticket though. Supported the club as best I can for 40+ years, so from my point of view considering I basically donate my 600 quid for a ticket to the club to attend maybe 4 home matches, I kind of feel it would be nice if the club had a way where I could get an away ticket for the 2-3 week long trips I can make back

It said it would cost £335 for Sigma in 2009 so now it would be about £550 due to flights increase and stuff.

It would be great to go to 1 or 2 but seriously that's a flight to the country watch the game and return home. Is it really worth the cost? I could do a week in Egypt for that. It all depends how much you can afford it. To someone who earns grands a week then it's nothing but for someone who's on minimum wage then it's a problem

Either way, getting a ticket of not, get out there and you will get one,

Depending of which venue, x2 of our allocation will fly out I would suggest

Have to disagree with you a bit, although admit I haven't worked out a better system. I live 5000 miles away but am still a STH. Obviously only make it a handful of games but can never get away tickets. Not sure that means I don't "deserve" a ticket though. Supported the club as best I can for 40+ years, so from my point of view considering I basically donate my 600 quid for a ticket to the club to attend maybe 4 home matches, I kind of feel it would be nice if the club had a way where I could get an away ticket for the 2-3 week long trips I can make back

I can see your point that it counts against supporters like yourself but you're obviously a rare example. And they try and give priority to the supporters who go to the most games. It's the best way of doing it in my opinion.

You also get people moaning about "getting on the ladder" for the aways but alot of those people don't want to go to Newcastle away on a Tuesday night. We only had 1,900 or so out of an available 3,000 allocation. Clearly not everyone can get time off work/or afford to go to matches like that, but the ones that do make those trips get rewarded, and rightly so.

Away end is always straightforward if you can't get one....maybe just not Italy or Serbia though!

Like noted earlier you'll stand a good chance of getting a ticket on the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.