Europa League 2014-15 ( incl. Ticket / Travel Info ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was on sky last Friday. The winner of the CL if they finish outside the top 4 will not take the 4th place CL spot. Same applies to the EL winner, if they are outside the top 4 would not take their place. However the maximum from any country will now be 5, so in the unlikely event both the CL and EL winner come from the same country, and both finish outside the top 4, then the 4th place team would not qualify for CL. The EL league runners up do not get the CL place if the winners have already qualified by league position......
FFS, that doesn't even make sense to myself now that I read it..... Basically the max for any country is going to 5 teams in the CL. If the CL winners do not finish in the top 4, 5 teams would qualify. Same goes for the EL winner. However if both teams come from the same country and both finish outside the top 4 in the domestic league, then the team finishing 4th in the league would not qualify...... Hopefully that makes more sense... In either case, the EL runner up do not get CL

In terms of the Champions league place, Uefa were very quick to point out what will happen so another Everton/Liverpool doesn't occur.

Europa League winner gets a place in CL, if they have not qualified already. If not, then the runner up does not receive admission to the CL. Just like the rules now.

Should a scenario occur where, a team wins the Champions League, and finishes outside of the CL qualification places, and a team from the same nation wins the EL but finishes outside of the CL places, then 4th place will lose out.

a maximum of 5 teams will compete in the CL from any nation.

Although it was unconfirmed if they would enter at the Group Stage or Play-Offs.

IN a nutshell

If Hull win the FA cup they go straight in the group stages, THFC & EFC (6th/5th) enter at QF3 & the play-0ff respectively.
IF Hull lose the FA cup final, they enter at QF3, THFC in the play-off & EFC straight in the group.

QF3 is on the 31st Jul/7th Aug
play-off 21 & 28th Aug
Groups from 18th Sep.

The group draw is on 29th Aug.
Which is the way i thought for ages and still do,but people have been confusing themselves so much i dont even know if they know what they are saying lol even when we still had chance of 4th etc of how places were going

FFS, that doesn't even make sense to myself now that I read it..... Basically the max for any country is going to 5 teams in the CL. If the CL winners do not finish in the top 4, 5 teams would qualify. Same goes for the EL winner. However if both teams come from the same country and both finish outside the top 4 in the domestic league, then the team finishing 4th in the league would not qualify...... Hopefully that makes more sense... In either case, the EL runner up do not get CL

Haha, I had a hard time reading it like :p

In terms of the Champions league place, Uefa were very quick to point out what will happen so another Everton/Liverpool doesn't occur.

Europa League winner gets a place in CL, if they have not qualified already. If not, then the runner up does not receive admission to the CL. Just like the rules now.

Should a scenario occur where, a team wins the Champions League, and finishes outside of the CL qualification places, and a team from the same nation wins the EL but finishes outside of the CL places, then 4th place will lose out.

a maximum of 5 teams will compete in the CL from any nation.

Although it was unconfirmed if they would enter at the Group Stage or Play-Offs.

think its a play off for the eufa winner, grp automatically for the CL winner, if the CL winner qualifies by the league already though the grp place goes to the eufa and the qualifying place gets bumped to a league place for a lower co-efficient league mate

so simple really ;p

Here's a couple of questions. If the winner of the EL has already qualified for the CL, does the spot go to the runners up? and do teams knocked out of the CL drop down to the EL next season?

IF WINNER ALREADY HAS A CL PLACE THEN PLACE GO TO RUNNER UP, IF RUNNER UP ALREADY HAS PLACE THEN GO TO SEMI-FINALIST, IF SEMI FINALIST ALREADY HAVE PLACE THEN GO TO QUARTER-FINALIST, IF QUARTER FINALIST ALREADY HAVE PLACE THEN IT GO TO LIVERPOOL

With Fiorentina losing 3-4 to Sassuolo today, they can no long qualify for Champions League, and i'd imagine they'll end up finishing 4th, so will subsequently end up in the group stage.

If you look at the Access List on Kassies it shows how the places are allocated - by country and round. If you add in the CL or EL winners then someone gets shunted down a round.. to make room.

With Fiorentina losing 3-4 to Sassuolo today, they can no long qualify for Champions League, and i'd imagine they'll end up finishing 4th, so will subsequently end up in the group stage.

if they let in 4 vs sassuolo i wouldn't say there's too much to fear.

As in ticketwise? I remember getting about 3,200 for nurnburg, 900 for Alkmaar, 3,000 for Fiorentina, and about 2,700 for Liege.

Don't think we got alot for Brann, and can't remember the Metallist one.

Was wondering if it was anything like the cup comps here.. as in they have to give a certain percentage etc.

Cheers for info mate

Status
Not open for further replies.