Europa and the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win the Europa or bust.

We win that and it's our best season since kendall went to bilbao, we'll have finally broken our trophy drought and we'll be guarenteed group stages cl football next year, it would be massive emotionally, finanicially, in terms of prestige.

Don't and we're mid table, trophyless, hopelessly boring to watch, not in europe and struggling to keep our players.

I originally thought this but then someone on here told me it would guarantee us only the final qualifying round.

I agree, it's EL or bust. It needs our full focus.

I originally thought this but then someone on here told me it would guarantee us only the final qualifying round.

The winner of the UEFA Europa League qualifies for the UEFA Super Cup and from the 2015-2016 season onwards the winners of the previous season's UEFA Europa League will qualify for the UEFA Champions League, the winner entering at least at the play-off round (assuming they do not already qualify through domestic performance), and will enter the group stage if the berth reserved for the Champions League title holders is not used.

I agree it is the most likely way for us to get into Europe next season, but there are still 32 teams left, and 9 games between us and the final. We can win 8 of those, beat some of the best teams in Europe, and still come away with naught by failing to win that ninth game.

We should still go for it, given that we have virtually no chance of getting anything out of the league and are also unlikely to get relegated, but I know better than to entertain the notion of optimism when it comes to Everton, especially when the odds are so heavily against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.