Erik ten Hag

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should be budgeting that sort of money per season if our game plan is to continue to employ inept managers, the notion that time will solve all problems is a nonsense, if a manager isn’t good enough now he won’t be good enough in 3 or 4 or 5 months time.
There is no way any manager would agree to that contract. Except maybe absolute callow managers like Joe Bloggs down the pub.

Agree, for me both are the edge of what we can attract.

Unlike the Joses and Diegos, they arent on mega-money at their current clubs, both playing in "weaker" leagues, a move to the Premier League and some success would give their career the boost it needs, BUT, both are already at very successful clubs and neither are in any hurry to leave their current clubs, especially for a struggling club. Both are also in conversations for "better" clubs than us.
It would help our chances of attracting Gallardo if River didn't win the Libertadores again but I watched the first leg against Boca and they were a class above. Maybe the Brazilians can do us a favor in the final because he will be a hot name if he goes back to back.

...he was 50-1 with Paddy Power an hour ago.

Edit; he’s still 50-1 with PP.

Down to 10/1 now.....Moyes heavy favourite though...

_20191008_153256.JPG

Ten Hag rejected an offer from Bayern and Roma in the summer to stay with Ajax. He also reaffirmed that commitment by signing a new contract till 2022 in June.

Zero chance he is quitting Ajax in the middle of the summer.

Most likely a made up rumour as usual.

I like him and the Ajax team he's built but they are a hugely talented bunch of players who have all, from around the age of 10, grown up playing the 'Ajax way'. We don't have enough players with the technical ability to play his style of football. If Ten Hag is willing to start again and build a team to eventually play his way in 5 years time then fine. I'd maybe give him a chance but the Premier League doesn't allow for slow build up play from the back and slow possession football. It's fast paced and physical. I just don't see him being able to transfer his style over to the Premiership, it's why De Boer had problems at Palace.

I like him and the Ajax team he's built but they are a hugely talented bunch of players who have all, from around the age of 10, grown up playing the 'Ajax way'. We don't have enough players with the technical ability to play his style of football. If Ten Hag is willing to start again and build a team to eventually play his way in 5 years time then fine. I'd maybe give him a chance but the Premier League doesn't allow for slow build up play from the back and slow possession football. It's fast paced and physical. I just don't see him being able to transfer his style over to the Premiership, it's why De Boer had problems at Palace.
His teams are not exactly the same as De Boer's from what I've read

His teams are not exactly the same as De Boer's from what I've read

Really? Fair enough (I'm not being sarcastic). They both had very technical players who were / are able to play possession football. Mind you I have read that Ajax do face teams who play with a low block and we struggle to break teams like that down so he could work here.

Really? Fair enough (I'm not being sarcastic). They both had very technical players who were / are able to play possession football. Mind you I have read that Ajax do face teams who play with a low block and we struggle to break teams like that down so he could work here.
I don't think tactically they are that similar. I doubt Ten Hag would struggle to create chances the way De Boer did at Palace

It would help our chances of attracting Gallardo if River didn't win the Libertadores again but I watched the first leg against Boca and they were a class above. Maybe the Brazilians can do us a favor in the final because he will be a hot name if he goes back to back.

Gallardo is an outstanding coach.

Has won the lot with River, he may well leave if they - and when - they win the Libertadores again - November, I suspect as they are a mile ahead of anything else in South America at the moment. Fast teams, mentally and physically tough. Just what the doc ordered for us.

I love Heinze as a coach too - he is creating something special on a shoestring at Velez. They play much more like Klopps lot - high press, fast, fast and faster. We might even ask him to take Thiago Almada with him. Pep has scouts sniffing around all the time looking at that kid. Guys I rate say say that Almada is the best Argie kid playing 10 since a certain wee fella went to Barca. Not going to be as good but a huge talent.

Heinze took them over when they were in big danger of facing the drop and using mainly kids from the underage, they are fourth in the table, a point behind River and even beat Gallardos side away recently.

Gallardo is an outstanding coach.

Has won the lot with River, he may well leave if they - and when - they win the Libertadores again - November, I suspect as they are a mile ahead of anything else in South America at the moment. Fast teams, mentally and physically tough. Just what the doc ordered for us.

I love Heinze as a coach too - he is creating something special on a shoestring at Velez. They play much more like Klopps lot - high press, fast, fast and faster. We might even ask him to take Thiago Almada with him. Pep has scouts sniffing around all the time looking at that kid. Guys I rate say say that Almada is the best Argie kid playing 10 since a certain wee fella went to Barca. Not going to be as good but a huge talent.

Heinze took them over when they were in big danger of facing the drop and using mainly kids from the underage, they are fourth in the table, a point behind River and even beat Gallardos side away recently.
I've only heard a whisper or two about Heinze and Velez but they were positive. Might be a risky one at this point but no risk no reward. And Gallardo's reputation may exceed us shortly which stinks because I think his system could work well here.

Status
Not open for further replies.