End of Gambling firms as shirt sponsors (26/27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedfordblue

Player Valuation: ¥50m
It’s now official.

As much as I object to gambling and the proliferation of access to and advertising it, I cant help but think this is another act of financial consolidation of the top 4-6 teams.

If the mega deals were out there for everyone we (+ 7 other teams) would have one, without gambling is it inevitable our revenue will drop further?

1681387062624.png

Not going to cry about getting rid of this poison out of football

It's not though.

This is just removing it from shirts - 8 currently have gambling on shirts;
  • Bournemouth
  • Brentford
  • Everton
  • Fulham
  • Leeds
  • Newcastle
  • Southampton
  • West Ham
It'll still be impossible to follow/watch football and not be inundated with gambling messages.

Clubs will still have gambling partners etc, and you'll see gambling messages around stadiums both in person and TV. You'll still get hammered with gambling adverts in-between the pizza adverts for every televised match.

It's not though.

• Bournemouth
  • Brentford
  • Everton
  • Fulham
  • Leeds
  • Newcastle
  • Southampton
  • West Ham
It'll still be impossible to follow/watch football and not be inundated with gambling messages.

Clubs will still have gambling partners etc, and you'll see gambling messages around stadiums both in person and TV. You'll still get hammered with gambling adverts in-between the pizza adverts for every televised match.
At least we won't have to endorse it on the front of our shirts - I hate the fact that we had to crawl into bed with a scummy gambling company

It's not though.

• Bournemouth
  • Brentford
  • Everton
  • Fulham
  • Leeds
  • Newcastle
  • Southampton
  • West Ham

I take it Skybet and all the rest will be banned also ?

Status
Not open for further replies.