2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I'd think about selling him. He's not shown a great deal at Premier League level. Is he 22? Think if he was going to be ready he would be by now.

To be honest I'd think about selling him. He's not shown a great deal at Premier League level. Is he 22? Think if he was going to be ready he would be by now.
Not sure how long he was on for yesterday but wanted a lot more from him in chasing down he seemed flat footed may have been the emotion/stress of the occasion but I was looking for a flat out 15 mins closing down, not sure if he even touched the ball.

Twenty-two - 23 in January. We can only hope a decent pre-season at the club and nurturing can get him where we need to be, however...

... I do suspect that he may simply not be suited for what we need in the here and now. Otherwise, I do suspect Dyche may have utilised him more.

I'd hate to give up on him as I think he is a little bit of a late bloomer. Maupay is gone, so our back up strikers are Simms and Cannon. Not sure how much we can spend so I can't see us moving Simms along. He isn't on big wages and I don't think anyone is going to offer a decent fee for him. I'd hate to sell him for less than 5 million, and no one in their right mind would offer that, so I hope he stays and is given a chance.

Simms, Cannon, Branthwaite and Mills need to be integrated into the first team squad over pre season.

Branthwaite the only one there who has a chance in the Prem imo (and he was ropey playing for us before his loan move to Holland).

The other 3 havent shown they're anything other than Championship level players currently.

Cannon and Mills need loan moves & Simms needs selling.

Cannon seems to be more mobile, and both have an eye for goal. I could see a pairing in a 4-4-2 working, but it's a big risk after the two seasons we've endured. Had we gone down, that may have worked, all depends if Scotch Eggio is given more than £2.50 in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.