2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd honestly just play him more likely to get on the end of crosses than Maupay who doesn't seem to gr into areas to score. He worked hard but he's not a threat.
In the Derby, I really thought the people on here had no idea.

In the Leeds match, I realised it was me who had no idea.

I'd honestly just play him more likely to get on the end of crosses than Maupay who doesn't seem to gr into areas to score. He worked hard but he's not a threat.
it’s all about opinions but Personally after his Derby performance I think he illustrated that at this moment he’s a taller slightly poorer version of maupay . I desperately wanted him to be a target man but he seems to be far from that and just another second striker albeit less experienced.

it’s all about opinions but Personally after his Derby performance I think he illustrated that at this moment he’s a taller slightly poorer version of maupay . I desperately wanted him to be a target man but he seems to be far from that and just another second striker albeit less experienced.
Maupay is worthless up top alone though

He'd be better than Simms as a second striker. But if we're doing to continue to play a 4-5-1, I don't think Maupay gives us much of anything to be honest. At least Simms could maybe make contact with the occasional cross or corner

Maupay is worthless up top alone though

He'd be better than Simms as a second striker. But if we're doing to continue to play a 4-5-1, I don't think Maupay gives us much of anything to be honest. At least Simms could maybe make contact with the occasional cross or corner
I thought the last two performances simms at the pit and Maupay Saturday then probably maupay just did enough to keep his place . Not that he did particularly well but I thought he was a fair bit better than simms on Monday , even though neither really gave us much in the way of threat. Simms off the bench looked like the brightest option for him .

He's probably going to need to leave to establish himself at this level. No shot Dyche ever sees him as anything but a target man and he isn't really that. He's not going to impact a team that isn't playing in the final third that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.